The Alliance for Women in Media SoCal's 55th Annual Genii Awards
Tuesday, April 24, 2012 from 5:30 PM to 9:00 PM (PDT)
Los Angeles, CA
TICKET SALES ARE CLOSED. THANK YOU!
Please join us for the
55th Annual Genii Awards
Tuesday, April 24, 2012
At the Skirball Cultural Center in Los Angeles.
5:30 p.m. Cocktails
6:30 p.m. Dinner & Program
AWM SoCal’s Genii Awards, named after the Southern California Chapter Founder, Jeanne Gray McDonald, celebrates the outstanding accomplishments of women in our industry who have shown tremendous leadership, a commitment to promote progress and create change and dedication to the community.
This year's event is hosted by actor Sean Kanan and will honor:
- Rita Moreno, Actress for Lifetime Achievement
- Eva La Rue, Actress and Spokesperson for Beckstrand Cancer Foundation for the Inspiration Award
- Kathy Begley,
VP, Managing Director, Local Audio and Promotionsat Horizon Media for Excellence in Advertising
- Sandra Mitchell, Anchor and Reporter for CBS2 and KCAL 9 for Excellence in Television
- Amy Powell, President, Paramount Digital Entertainment and Marketing & President of Insurge Pictures at Paramount Pictures for Excellence in New Media
- Charese Frugé, Program Director at Energy 103.7/San Diego, Mix 94.1/Las Vegas and X107.5/Las Vegas for Excellence in Management
- Talaya Trigueros, Mid-day On Air Host for 94.7 "The Wave" KTWV in Los Angeles for Excellence in Radio
The gala benefits AWM SoCal’s scholarship program, which provides financial assistance to promising college students who are aiming for careers in the media and entertainment industries.
Past Genii Winners Include: Florence Henderson, Betty White, Mary Hart, Alana Stewart, Ellen Degeneres, Heather Locklear, Jamie Lee Curtis, Candice Bergen, Lucille Ball, Anne Sweeney, Whoopi Goldberg, Carol Burnett, Dr. Laura Schlessinger, and many others.
Visit our website for more information.
When & Where
Alliance for Women in Media, Southern California Chapter
Alliance for Women in Media is a national, nonprofit organization that extends membership to qualified professionals in the electronic media and allied fields. Founded in 1951, Alliance for Women in Media’s mission is to advance the impact of women in the media and allied fields by educating, advocating and acting as a resource to our members, the industry, and the public.
The Southern California Chapter of Alliance for Women in Media offers local benefits to its members, including:
- Networking Events
- Educational Programs
- Community Outreach
- Scholarship Program
The chapter also holds the annual Genii Awards — a gala not to miss — that celebrates the outstanding contributions of women in Radio, Television, Film, New Media and Advertising. Proceeds from the Genii Awards fund the AWM SoCal student scholarships.
No refunds will be given. If you are unable to make the event, we will gladly give you credit for a future event.