PPACA - The Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (PPACA)
What is it and how is it going to work
PRESENTATION: The PPACA affects all of us either as individuals or as employers. There have been many requests for information on this very relevant act. This presentation will explain some of the major provisions of the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act and how these provisions will change how individuals and businesses will be purchasing health insurance starting January 1, 2014. The presentation will also cover employee eligibility for the employer offered health insurance. There has been talk of changes to these deadlines. Where possible the speaker will address these changes as well.
GUEST SPEAKER: Our guest speaker, Doug Walsh has been the Employee Benefits Manager at David White & Associates since 2007. At David White’s he is responsible for providing sales and educational training on group and individual medical coverage to the twenty eight financial advisors that work at the firm and to keep them abreast of any changes in the laws that pertain to these coverages and the industry. He personally advises seventy businesses regarding their group medical programs and the changes in laws that affect their coverages. The California State Bar has sponsored insurance programs marketed by AI & PS (Association Insurance & Pension Services) owned by David White & Associates since 1971. These sponsored programs consist of long term care programs - one provided by John Hancock Life Insurance Company and one provided by MetLife; and of a disability insurance program which is provided by Union Central Life Insurance Company.
You can contact Doug at email@example.com
AGENDA: Thursday, September 26, 2013
11:30 – 11:45 Registration and networking
11:45 - 12:15 p.m. Lunch
12:15 - 1:15 p.m. presentation
Individual Medical Coverage under the PPACA:
- PPACA Individual Mandate - what is it and how will it work.
- How does this law impact individuals?
- What coverages will be available according the PPACA?
- What options will individual have in purchasing coverages
- What is the exchange and how will it benefit purchasers of individual coverages?
Group Medical Coverage under the PPACA
- PPACA Employer Mandate – what is it and how will it work.
- How does this law impact businesses?
- What coverages will be available
- What are some of the requirements placed on employers under the PPACA and what notifications are Employers required to provide employees
- What options will businesses have in purchasing coverages
- How will the exchange as identified in the PPACA benefit small business owners
- New employee eligibility requirement as identified by the PPACA
1:15 - 2:00 p.m. Stay for networking and questions
REGISTRATION: Please register to allow appropriate seating. To cancel, or if you have any questions, please contact me (Irene) at "Contact the Host" in the right hand organizer box. Your fee includes the cost for lunch, parking and MCLE presentation.
PARKING: Parking is easily available in the restaurant parking lot.
MCLE: This session is provided by the IT Law Group, an approved Multiple Activity Provider and is eligible for one hour of MCLE credit from the State Bar of California (no ethics, No elimination of bias, No substance abuse).
MCLE Sponsor: We are grateful to Francoise Gilbert and the IT Law Group for providing the MCLE opportunity. http://www.itlawgroup.com/
Thank you and hope to see you there,
When & Where
Irene Blumenkranz - Organizer