May 1-2, 2014
New York City
When inspiration strikes, ideas flow freely. But seeing those ideas through to completion is another thing entirely. That's why 99U focuses on the hard part — idea execution. This coming May, we'll bring together a handful of the world's most productive creative visionaries and researchers to share pragmatic insights on how to push great ideas forward, create incredible art, build amazing businesses, and change the world.
Our speaker lineup includes an incredible collection of creative minds from across industries, with more speakers still to be announced. To learn more about this amazing crew, visit our speakers page.
Jason Fried // Founder & CEO, Basecamp
Seth Godin // Author & Entrepreneur
Julie Zhuo // Product Design Director, Facebook
Marc Ecko // Founder & CCO, Marc Ecko Enterprises
Tina Roth Eisenberg // Founder, Tattly & CreativeMornings
Robert Brunner // Founder & Partner, Ammunition
Susan Gregg Koger // Co-Founder & CCO, ModCloth
Joanne Wilson // Angel Investor & Blogger
David Marquet // Author, Turn the Ship Around!
Scott Belsky // Head of Behance, VP Products - Community, Adobe
Oliver Burkeman // Author, The Antidote
Wendy MacNaughton // Illustrator & Graphic Journalist
Joshua Klein // Hacker & Author
Shantanu Starick // International Photographer
Ayse Birsel // Co-Founder, Birsel + Seck LLC
Todd Henry // Author, Die Empty
Irene Au // UX Instigator & Yoga Teacher
The 99U Conference will be a full 2+ day experience fully devoted to exploring the mechanics of making ideas happen, including:
- A series of incredible main stage talks that demystify the creative process and offer real-world insight on how to put your ideas into action.
- A multi-track block of interactive master classes that provide an intensive initiation into the best practices of making ideas happen.
- Optional off-site studio sessions that will give you a behind-the-scenes look at leading creative companies in New York City, including IDEO, Spotify, Quirky, Refinery29, and more.
- A brand-new opening night reception on April 30th with interactive workshops, skill-building booths, and early registration.
- A complimentary networking cocktail reception on May 1st + an absolutely killer, open-bar afterparty at The Museum of Modern Art on May 2nd.
- The best-designed schwag bag you have ever received, packed with incredibly cool (and useful!) stuff.
- Amazing giveaways, art exhibitions, and other awesome stuff we can't tell you about yet.
Our venue is Alice Tully Hall, one of the most beautiful concert halls in the world. Recently renovated by Diller Scofidio + Renfro, Alice Tully Hall is a gorgeously designed space that encompasses a warm, intimate auditorium for speaker presentations and an airy, light-filled atrium and outdoor area for mingling and making connections. You can view more photos of the space here.
Doors will open at Alice Tully Hall at 11:30am on Thursday, May 1st for the official conference start. You can preview the schedule here.
We've secured a limited amount of rooms at special rate at the Ace Hotel for 99U attendees. Book online here, or call 212.679.2222 and use booking code "99U Conference" to receive the following rate: Medium Room for $329 per night + taxes and fees.
/// SPONSORSHIPS & CORPORATE PACKAGES
If you're interested in sponsoring 99U, you can learn more here. We combine creativity and (of course) idea execution to craft custom sponsor packages that are innovative and unique. Past sponsors include GE, Pantone, HTC, Samsung, Coalesse, Blackberry, Pentax, and many more.
/// CANCELLATIONS & REFUNDS
All cancellations will be subject to a $150 cancellation fee until February 28, 2014. After that date, no refunds or exceptions will be made. Please email us regarding all cancellations.
Registrations are transferable without a fee through April 18, 2014. After that, there will be a $99 fee for any registration transfers through 6:00 EDT April 25th, after which no transfers will be allowed. Shared registrations are not permitted.
Every year, we recruit an amazing group of volunteers for the Conference. If you would like to be a volunteer, you can apply here. Please note that we will not begin the volunteer selection process until early 2014, so you should hear from us then.
/// MORE INFO
When & Where
99U by Behance
99U is Behance's effort to provide this "missing curriculum" for making ideas happen. Through our Webby Award-winning website, popular events, and bestselling books, we share pragmatic, action-oriented insights from leading researchers and visionary creatives.