Join other thought leaders from across the state for the 7th Annual Leadership North Carolina Forum Presented by SAS: Turning Knowledge into Action on Thursday, January 23, 2014, at the Executive Briefing Center on the campus of SAS in Cary, North Carolina.
The 2014 LNC Forum is a one-day symposium designed to inform and engage North Carolina leaders and executives regarding issues and opportunities facing our state, with a strong focus on transforming knowledge gained into action to benefit our state. Speakers and break out sessions will focus on the topics of government, health and human services, environment, economic development, and education.
- Dr. Jim Goodnight, Co-Founder, SAS
- Dr. James H. Johnson Jr., William Rand Kenan Jr. Distinguished Professor, Kenan-Flagler Business School; Director, Urban Investment Strategies Center, Frank Hawkins Kenan Institute of Private Enterprise, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
- Stephen Wiehe, President and Chief Executive Officer, Chairman of the Board, SciQuest
- Paul Newton, State President-North Carolina, Duke Energy
- Karl Rectanus, Founder, TechExecutives; Education Consultant, North Carolina Chamber Foundation
- Jason Hibbets, Project Manager, RedHat; Community Manager, opensource.com; Planning Committee Co-Chair, CityCampNC
- The Honorable Bonner Gaylord, District E Councilmember, Raleigh City Council
- Susan Perry-Manning, Executive Director, North Carolina Early Childhood Foundation
- Larry Wooten, President, North Carolina Farm Bureau
- Miriam Wilson, Vice President, Council for Entrepreneurial Development
- Bob Creeden, Executive Director, Blackstone Entrepreneurs Network
- Dr. Brian Caveney, Vice President, Sales Consultation and Support, Healthcare Division, Blue Cross Blue Shield of North Carolina
- Dr. Vikram Rao, Executive Director, Research Triangle Energy Consortium
- Ivan Urlaub, Executive Director, North Carolina Sustainable Energy Associaiton
- Lisa Zannoni, Global Head of Regulatory and Stewardship, Seeds and Co-Lead of the Global Regulatory Leadership Team, Syngenta Biotechnology, Inc.
- John Hoomani, General Council, North Carolina Department of Commerce
*Additional Speakers To Be Announced
Break-Out Session Topics
- Energy Opportunities
- Common Core in North Carolina
- Healthcare Paradigm Shift - Transition to Quality of Care
- Citizen Engagement and Transparency – CityCampNC Case Study
- Venture Capital Opportunities and Challenges
- Agribusiness in North Carolina - Still Number One
- Early Childhood Education in North Carolina
- Economic Development in North Carolina
Select your break out sessions (choose two) on the registration page.
Do not miss the opportunity to join the Leadership North Carolina board of directors, alumni, current participants, and other community leaders for this event. Register above or call (919) 803-5323 for more information.
10 rooms in each hotel are being held for the night of January 22, 2014
(Rate $129 plus taxes. Rate includes shuttle to/from SAS Campus, airport shuttle, Internet and breakfast buffet. Reservation must be made by January 8th to receive group rate.)
(Rate $209 plus taxes. Rate includes shuttle to/from SAS Campus and Internet access. Reservation must be made by December 26th to receive group rate.)
What are my transport/parking options getting to the event?
The event will take place at the Executive Briefing Center - Building C. Use the Harrison Avenue entrance, check in at the security gate, and follow signs to Building C (Campus Map). A parking pass is required for the event. The parking pass is included in your registration confirmation email or you may download and print it HERE.
What is the refund policy?
The deadline for a full refund is Wednesday, January 15. Please call Catherine King at (919) 803-5323 ext. 5 for refund requests.
Where can I contact the organizer with any questions?
For all Forum related questions, you may contact our office at 919-803-5323.