San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
HEAT UP THE STREETS WITH THE 610 STOMPERS
4th Annual 610 Stompers Ball Crawl: A Streetcar Named Da’ Fire
Great Balls of Fire! The 610 Stompers are hot steppin’ it on Saturday, June 8th for their 4th Annual Ball Crawl, appropriately titled, “A Streetcar Named Da’ Fire” and you’re invited! Nobody to hold you back from breakin’ it down with the Ordinary Men with Extraordinary Moves!
Always a good cause and a great time, the 610 Stompers bring their extraordinary moves to the masses once again in the Uptown area and include some bars that had the misfortune of catching FIRE this past year. But like a phoenix from the ashes, they’re ready to quench our thirsts between epic dance-offs, contests (including a SWAYZE screaming contest)with coveted prizes and good times that you won’t easily forget while rockin’ your best 80's retro look. We’re talking leg warmers, throwback tank tops and (if you’re blessed with the ability to grow one) full mustaches!
Come learn the DANCE MOVES then DANCE the MOVES that premiered at our 3rd Annual Sweet 610 Debutante Ball: Headbangers Ball before we embark on our journey under the oaks. Our Ball Crawl line-up includes The Kingpin, Grit’s Bar, F&M’s, Fat Harry’s, Superior Seafood and Le Bon Temps (in no particular order).
REGISTER NOW!!! YOU KNOW YOU WANNA!
- You can register online and purchase tickets for $30 by June 7th. Early registration, before June 1st, is the ONLY way to guarantee you a' bag o' swag.
- You must be over 21, sign a waiver, and be registered to participate. We welcome men, women, and extraterrestrials.
- For the procrastinators, you can register and purchase tickets for $40 on the day of the event from 1 to 3 pm at the Ball Crawl starting point across from Grit’s Bar. However, you won’t be guaranteed as much swag and you gonna pay more.
- Sorry NO REFUNDS, rain or shine or otherwise. It's a charitable event!
- Beat the rush the day of the event, and pick up your swag at our pre-registration events.
1st Pre-Registration Event: Wednesday, June 5th @ Squeal
Where: Squeal at 8400 Oak Street, New Orleans, LA 70118
When: 5:30 - 8:30 PM
2nd Pre-Registration Event: Thursday, June 6th @ Fat Harry's
Where: Fat Harry's at 4330 St. Charles Avenue, New Orleans, LA 70115
When: 5:30 - 8:30 PM
3rd Pre-Registration Event: Friday, June 7th @ Le Bon Temps LAST CHANCE FOR PRE-REG!!
Where: Le Bon Temps at 4801 Magazine Street, New Orleans, LA 70115
When: 5:30 - 8:30 PM
- Register online by June 1st or at our pre-registration events and you get the following Ball Crawl Bag o' Swag:
(1) ID wristband (after you give us your signed waiver at either a pre-registration event or on the day of the event), which allows you to march with the 610 Stompers, partake in the free beer offered at each bar, participate in the contests, entrance into the after party, and say “I HAD THE TIME OF MY LIFE AND I OWE IT ALL TO YOUUUUU” and...
(2) Moustache (if you haven’t already grown one) and...
(3) Headband and...
(4) Tattoo AND...
(5) Koozie AND...
(6) Event T-shirt* (limited supply and sizes, so pick it up early at one of our pre-registration events)
- Again, if you register online from June 1st to June 7th or if you register the day of the event, you won’t be guaranteed swag.
- Each person must pick up his or her own registration packet. (Sorry, there is no buddy system.)
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS
Patience, my friend. To be announced…
When & Where
Mardi Gras. Jazz. Voodoo. The Saints. Just a few of the venerable and unique institutions the great City of New Orleans has given to the world. Now, from the cultural epicenter of America, come the city’s newest icons – the 610 Stompers.
Conceived on a simple premise – that Ordinary Men could and should entertain the world with Extraordinary Moves – the 610 Stompers were born in the summer of 2009, just as our beloved Saints began their march to the Superbowl. As fate would have it, the Stompers were baptized in the twin crucibles of the now famous “Buddy D” parade and the “Lombardi Gras” Superbowl Parade – our first two public performances.
From there we have gone on to perform in Mardi Gras parades, at Hornets games, on local television and radio, and we’ve lent a hand to many charitable organizations in their fundraising efforts. We’ve even danced on the “Tonight Show”.
It’s been an unforgettable ride, but our best is yet to come.
The 610 Stompers is a diverse group of ordinary men, from their 20s to their 60s. We are doctors, lawyers, professionals, laborers, students, teachers, and parents. We are different but we’re the same, and we’re brought together by our ongoing desire to entertain the world with our “Extraordinary Moves”, and in doing so, give back to the community that we love.