The 3rd UCLA Writing Project-Korea Daily Essay Competition
Saturday, July 26, 2014 from 10:00 AM to 12:30 PM (PDT)
San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
The 3rd UCLA Essay Competition Prize Winners
(제3회 UCLA에세이 대회 수상자 명단)
Congratulations to all Participants!
The UCLA Writing Project-Korea Daily Essay Competition is an essay writing event hosted by UCLA and co-sponsored by the UCLA Writing Project and the Korea Daily. This competition is an excellent opportunity for students from grades 3-12 to develop and hone their writing skills in a wonderful academic setting. No need for students to enter a test situation where everyone sits in silence, receives a writing topic, an amount of time, then “ready, set, start!” Rather, UCLA Writing Project teachers will create a rich environment for students to read an engaging text, talk about it with peers and teacher, then begin drafting. We expect that participating students will enjoy this literacy experience and grow as writers in the process.
Registrant Age Groups:
Middle Elementary: Grade 3 and 4
Upper Elementary: Grade 5 and 6
Middle School: Grade 7 and 8
High School: Grade 9 ~ 12
Participating Students Will receive:
- Writing lesson led by UCLA Writing Project teachers
- A certificate of participation from the UCLA WP
- A pre-writing experience that will stimulate thinking and help participants write strong essays
- Exemplary essays will receive special award certificates presented at an awards ceremony.
- 참가자 전원에게 참가증서 제공 (UCLA Writing Project certificate)
- 우수작품에 UCLA Writing Project의 상장 수여
- 대회 가이드북 제공
- 시험전 문제분석 수업 (UCLA Faculty 제공)
- The winners of the Grand Prize winners will have a one-on-one conference with one of the contest judges.
- 대상 수상자들에게는 UCLA WP 채점답이 1대1 면담을 실시하며 개별 장단점을 분석해 설명하고 에세이 작성 방법에 대한 특별 수업을 제공
Facebook page: http://goo.gl/syr9EK
For more information:
Please contact Korea Daily Education Dept.