San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Help raise the roof at
A gala fundraiser for The NOCCA Institute
sponsored by The Lupin Foundation
Sunday, May 18, 2014
New Orleans Center for Creative Arts
2800 Chartres Street
Patron Party: 6pm
ART&SOUL Gala: 7pm - 10pm
Last year's ART & SOUL was a great kickoff to NOCCA's exciting campus expansion, and the party continues this spring with a special celebration to raise the roof! On Sunday, May 18th, The NOCCA Institute and The Lupin Foundation will celebrate the construction of the new NOCCA Forum with live entertainment, delicious food, abundant libations, mobile auction bidding, a NOCCA Marketplace, and more.
The ART&SOUL Patron Party begins at 6pm, with the Gala following from 7pm - 10pm. Throughout the evening, there will be performances by NOCCA students, faculty, and alumni, including Young Alum Co-Chairs Alexis Marceaux and Sam Craft and their band, Alexis and The Samurai. ART&SOUL is co-chaired by Anne & Paul Candies and Ana & Juan Gershanik. In addition to Alexis and Sam, Gary Solomon Jr. serves as a Young Alum Co-Chair.
This year’s ART&SOUL is dedicated to the memory of one of NOCCA’s most passionate fans, Dr. Ralph Lupin, who passed away on Thursday, May 1. He will be deeply missed.
A full schedule for ART&SOUL is as follows:
PATRICK FAMILY PATRON PARTY: 6:00 - 7:00pm
- Featuring hors d'oeuvres and sangria prepared by NOCCA's Culinary Arts Department
ART & SOUL GALA, WITH ENTERTAINMENT SPONSORED BY FIRST NBC BANK: 7:00 - 10:00pm
- Catered by Hilton New Orleans Riverside
- Production services by Solomon Group
- Specialty edibles by The Boxcar, The NOCCA Institute's new food truck
- Specialty drinks by Plum Street Snoballs
- Entertainment includes the NOCCA Alumni Allstars, the NOCCA Jazz Trio, NOCCA Musical Theatre Students, and a NOCCA Cabaret, with performances by students from a wide range of NOCCA arts departments
ARLENE & JOSEPH MERAUX CHARITABLE FOUNDATION AUCTION: 6:00 - 9:00pm
- Powered by AuctionsByCellular
- Bid by phone, wherever you are! Charging stations available on-site.
- Start bidding today, and continue at ART&SOUL -- just click here!
NOCCA MARKETPLACE: 6:00 - 10:00pm
- Purchase artwork, preserves, and other items created by NOCCA students
- Generously sponsored by IBERIABANK, Otto Candies, LLC, and the James P. Raymond Jr. Foundation
A special feature of this year's ART&SOUL event is a silent auction, powered by AuctionsByCellular. AuctionsByCellular allows guests to bid on items with their cell phones, no matter where they are -- on campus or off. Guests are encouraged to bring their phones to the event, and a staff member will quickly register those device when guests arrive. For those who'd rather not bid by phone, that's okay, too: AuctionsByCellular's "personal shoppers" can place bids on their behalf.
(Photo of the NOCCA Forum by Elizabeth McMillan)
When & Where
The NOCCA Institute
The New Orleans Center for Creative Arts (NOCCA) is a world-class educational institution that has been changing the lives of young people since 1973. Every year, this professional arts training center provides intensive instruction in Classical Music, Creative Writing, Culinary Arts, Dance, Drama, Jazz, Media Arts, Musical Theatre, Theatre Design, Vocal Music, Visual Arts, and academics to students from public, private, and parochial schools across Louisiana. Students attend via schoolday, after-school, weekend, and summer sessions. Admission to NOCCA is by audition, and there is no tuition.
The NOCCA Institute provides supplemental funding for NOCCA students and advocacy for NOCCA’s world-class program. Some of the Institute’s more notable endeavors include: a year-round Financial Aid Program, an Artists-in-Residence Program, capital campaigns for NOCCA’s state-of-the-art campus, and numerous arts programs for the general public.