San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
TEXAS vs. THE WORLD
A VARIETAL SHOWDOWN
February Varietal: Cabernet Sauvignon - The King -
Featuring: Messina Hof Winery
When you ask the average Texan ‘what do you think of Texas wine?’ you almost always, without exception get one of two responses back. Either they haven’t had any Texas wine worth remembering or they don’t even see it as an option when there is so much “better” wine out there.
The Texas v. The World Tasting is a series that meets each 2nd Monday and is a head-to-head varietal comparison of wines made in Texas, by Texas grown fruit compared to the same varietal in a wine from another world-class growing area.
Each tasting has a featured winery to co-host each tasting along side of GUSTO. The producer is there to shed light, lead discussions and answer questions about making wine in Texas. GUSTO Sommeliers are there to lead discussion and answer questions on the other world-class wines in the tasting. This tasting is intended be relaxed, social and fun; as well as being great for networking with other wine enthusiasts and professionals.
Ticket price is inclusive of all the tastings and light food fare for each table.
This tasting series is produced inpartnership with the Texas Wine and Food Consortium (TXWFC); who’s mission is to promote the Texas wine industry through trade collaboration, events, education and outreach. Join us and support the Texas wine industry. It’s going to open your eyes about the world-class wines being produced right here in our own background.
Flight 1: Old World Cabernet
- Chateau Clerc Milon, Pauillac, Grand Cru Classe, 2006
- Chateau Fonbadet , Paulliac, Grand Vin, 2004
- Chateau Mongravey, Margaux, 2007
Flight 2: New World Cabernet
- Chateau Montelena, Calistoga, Cabernet Sauvignon, 2009
- Heitz Cellars, Napa Valley, Cabernet Sauvignon, 2006
- Chateau Smith, Columbia Valley, Cabernet Sauvignon, 2010
- Montes Alpha, Colchagua Valley, Cabernet Sauvignon, 2008
Flight 3: Texas Cabernet
- Llano, Texas, Cabernet Sauvignon, 2007
- Becker Vineyards, Texas High Plains, Canada Family Vineyards, Cabernet Sauvignon, 2010
- Flat Creek Estate, Texas High Plains, Newsom Vineyards, Reserve, 2011
- Driftwood Estate Winery, Texas Hill Country, Cabernet Sauvignon, 2010
- Bending Branch, Texas High Plains, Newsom Vineyard, 2010
Flight 4: Messina Hof Vineyards
- Private Reserve Cabernet Sauvignon 2010
- Single Vineyard Granite Hill Cabernet Sauvignon 2009
- Single Vineyard ReaGae Cabernet Sauvignon 2009
- Private Reserve Reflections of Love 2009
*WINE FLIGHTS SUBJECT TO CHANGES BASED ON WINE AVAILABILITY
When & Where
GUSTO Tastings | Tasting Groups
Gusto is an avenue to feed your passion for wine via education, consulting, events and wine travel.
Our services are centered around creating an experience around fine wines, spirits and cigars. We do it a little differently by coupling education with creative and unique event planning. Our goal is to create an experience that you become a part of. An experience that is indulgent, exclusive and something only GUSTO can bring you.
Our local tastings groups are intended to build community and create an environment to network while at the same time diversifying and testing your palate with wine professionals and wine enthusiats.