Bummer! Sales have ended.
Unfortunately, tickets for this event are no longer on sale.
*ACCEPTING ENTRIES WORLDWIDE*
*ACCEPTING ALL GENRES OF ELECTRONIC MUSIC*
Submissions are now open and deadline is May 14th!
• Head to the Epiphyte Records website to submit. Click HERE.
• After submitting please email us the track name to email@example.com
• Please make sure that tracks are PRIVATE and ONLY available for download by the TestPress Soundcloud account. Thank you.
• All record sales are donated to the Beat University Scholarship Fund
Prizes for the top 4 tracks include:
• Ableton + Partner instruments giveaways
• 1-Year Soundcloud Pro account
• 2 Max 6 + Gen licenses from Cycling 74
• Ableton + Pyramind Accessories
Live Set by Eric Church Williams
To attend the event in San Francisco, Please RSVP Above
What Is TestPress?
• TestPress is an international electronic music contest and networking event where music producers test audience reaction to their tracks, get a shot at proving their re-mixing prowess and receive direct and honest critiques by a panel of industry pros.
• What began five years ago as a grass roots San Francisco event has now grown into an international contest with sponsorship support from Soundcloud, Beatport and Ableton.
• TestPress combines online contestant entries with a physical track battle event in San Francisco where judges and audience interaction take place.
• At the end of the event attendees are challenged to Re-mix any of the four finalists tracks.
• Winners walk away with their music released direct to Beatport, and international distribution and licensing opportunities through InGrooves digital distribution and Epiphyte Records.
Jef Stott | Six Degrees Records
Six Degrees Recording Artist Jef Stott has been deftly navigating the realms of world fusion music for over a decade, where he has consistently been at the forefront of the International Global Bass movement. He is releasing his 10th full-length album ARCANA in April 2012 on Six Degrees records.
His sound is a conscious inspired blend of the highly articulated electronica compositions fused with the mystery and depth of an inner ethnography. He works and performs with master musicians and dancers from the Middle East, Northern Africa, the Balkans and India. Jef is also a highly accomplished multi instrumentalist adding a live performance element to his live shows with Arabic string and percussion instruments, guitars, bass and live dub effects.
DJ Mes | Guesthouse Music
Bay-Area bred DJ Mes (Jason Sutton) rarely slows his groove. Since the 2004 inception of his Oakland-based label, Guesthouse Music, Mes has produced a prolific catalogue of bass-heavy tracks that have scorched dance floors amid the ebb and flow of electronic music.
As a DJ, his sets have inspired; as a producer, his montage of disco-dredged beats meld bump with rhythm and bass to create hot buzz in front of and beyond the speakers. In 2011, Traxsource honored Mes with the top spot on a list of 100 best house tracks of 2011 following the release of the bumpy Chicago-sound behind “Fools Gold” (Cajual Recordings). More info at www.djmes.com
The TestPress Format:
• Each Test Press event features a different 3-person panel of accomplished DJ’s and producers.
• Before the event, members of the international community upload their tracks to the Epiphyte website, and after being screened by the Test Press Committee, the best tracks are then played live for the panel and audience.
• Due to time restrictions a maximum of 16 tracks are presented at each event.
• After listening, the audience applause level is measured and then the panelists give immediate feedback and score each submission on a variety of factors including: Originality, Arrangement & Transitions, Production Quality & Sound Palette, Groove/Dance-ability, Drums & Rhythmic Elements, Synthesis, Melody & Chord Changes, and Mix & Mastering.
• The combined tally of the audience applause meter and the panelists rating determine the finalists for each event.
• The finalists of each event will be released exclusively on Beatport the very following month.
• If your track isn’t selected you’ll still have a chance of getting on the release if you can deliver a kick-ass re-mix of any of the finalists!