Looks like this event has already ended.
Check out upcoming events by this organizer, or organize your very own event.
There's a few spots left and we want you there so: Attend with a friend for just $45 each (save $30!)
Join Bawdy Storytelling's Dixie De La Tour and 'The StoryZilla' Nell Weatherwax for an exhilarating day of finding and telling your own true stories of sex, gender and kink. This one time only storytelling workshop will help you craft, tighten, dress-up and perform your tales for an audience (Note: you don't have to get onstage to take this workshop. If you're working toward sharing your own story - however that looks for you - we're here to help)
In this groundbreaking workshop, you will learn how to:
• Tap into your stories on sex & sexuality in honest, entertaining, & surprising ways
• Explore the raw material in your own life, & craft it into a stage-worthy performance
• Use the tricks of master storytellers: narrative structure, riveting an audience, fenceposts to move your story forward, & ending your tale on the right note
• Delivering a stellar stage performance, dealing with stage fright & more
First, Nell Weatherwax leads the group in techniques to lubricate and excite your own true stories into expression, and once the stories have “come out” they will submit to Dixie’s expert direction and coaching. Anyone who craves a chance to tell a story can do this workshop; whether you're a comedian, a writer, a sex worker/porn performer or (like most of us) a regular Joe with a desire to get some of your most notable sexual moments expressed on a stage, this course is for you.
Early Bird Registration: $60 (through December 15th)
Pre-Event Registration: $75 (December 16th – 21st)
- For the past 7 years, Dixie De La Tour’s Bawdy Storytelling’s original one-of-a-kind approach to sex-positive personal narrative has coaxed liberating tales out of everyday people, creating unforgettable experiences for performers and audiences alike. A Master storyteller, Sexual folklorist and curator of sex-positive stories from coast to coast, Dixie De La Tour created Bawdy Storytelling (the Nation’s original sex and storytelling series) almost 7 years ago. Dubbed ‘the Grande Dame of Dirty Storytelling,’ Dixie has turned curating true stories of sexual adventure - and misadventure - into an art form by providing direction and coaching to both experienced stage performers and absolute newbies. As the founder and host of Bawdy Storytelling, Dixie has produced award-winning storytelling events for Yale’s Sex Week, LitQuake, San Francisco Sex Information, CatalystCon, Dark Odyssey, FetFest and more, and is a sought after coach and curator for events and speakers all over the country. She has taken Bawdy to Los Angeles, San Diego, New York City, the Washington D.C. area and more – and is bringing Bawdy to many new cities in 2014. Dixie is also the host and creator of BawdySlam (a dirty story slam) and the forthcoming BawdyTalks, a sex-focused take on the TedTalks format. www.bawdystorytelling.com
- For the past 10 years, Nell Weatherwax has been bringing out amazing, true stories, large and small, from everyday people who thought they had nothing to share. She is a winner of the 2013 San Francisco Best of Fringe Theatre Festival Award for her entirely improvised true-story show, The Storyzilla Full Frontal. Nell Weatherwax’s performance style is a spontaneous, moment-driven ride in a vehicle made of storytelling, stand-up comedy, and cinematic expression. It is grown-up storytelling with more salt than sweet and with humor that flows from real truths and mishaps and M#$%&r F*&%#@g spiritual growth experiences. Nell works from memory, imagination, her eccentric point-of-view. She attributes her out-of-the-box performance style largely to her teacher, Sigfrido Aguilar. At Estudio Busqueda de Pantomima in Guanajuato, Mexico, she learned to create any atmosphere, texture, point of view or character on stage as if living inside a waking dream. www.nellweatherwax.com
"Dixie De La Tour's coaching is brilliant. Her unique method will totally boost your storytelling skills. Whether you are telling sexy tales at Bawdy Storytelling, incorporating narrative in your corporate presentations, or just want to gain confidence in public speaking, please take her class!"
Founder, Fire Horse Productions Inc, www.fhp-inc.com
Praise for Nell Weatherwax: “How you can take a group of people and create a safe arena for this kind of expression is truly wonderful. Thank you.”
- Marielle Abell
When & Where
Bawdy Storytelling ("The Moth for Pervs" - LA Weekly) is America's Original Sex+Storytelling series featuring Real People & Rockstars sharing their bona fide sexual exploits, live onstage. This award-winning performance series is currently monthly in San Francisco and Los Angeles, & expanding to new cities every day. Storytellers are an eclectic mix of authors, sex educators, poets, comedians and actors - along with real people just like YOU who have submitted their stories online and were chosen for their panache and sense of (mis)adventure.
Wanna get Bawdy? Contact Dixie@BawdyStorytelling.com