Teen Sexuality: Get the Facts (What Every Parent Wants to Know)
Thursday, February 2, 2012 at 7:00 PM (PST)
Come hear from the experts! Many parents find it difficult to discuss sexuality with their teens. Our panel discussion will feature professionals in the fields of adolescent development and medicine, mental health, and sex education for teens. Don’t miss this opportunity to get the information you need to communicate more honestly and effectively with your teens. Topics to include teen sexual behavior in San Mateo County, sex education, birth control/pregnancy prevention, sexual gender/identity, mental health issues, STDs, and more.
Presenters will include:
- Roni Gillenson, LMFT, Program Director, On-Campus Counseling Program, Adolescent Counseling Services (ACS)
- Shelly Masur, MPH, Executive Director, Teen Talk Sexuality Education
- Sylvia Espinoza, M.D., Medical Director, Sequoia Teen Wellness Center
- Daniela Torres, Program Manager, Education Services , Planned Parenthood
- Janet Chaikind, M.D., Supervising Physician for Adolescent Medicine and Pediatrics, San Mateo County Medical Center
M-A Parent Education Series events are sponsored by the Menlo-Atherton PTA and the Sequoia Healthcare District. Events are open to the Sequoia Union High School District community, our partner schools, and local community members.
When & Where
M-A Parent Education Series
M-A Parent Education Series events are FREE and open to the community, sponsored by the M-A PTA and the Sequoia Healthcare District.