Teen Dating Abuse
Goals and Objectives:
Define the dynamics and types of teen dating violence
Identify the warning signs that indicate a teen may be a victim or an abuser
Identify strategies to effectively identify, approach and support teens
Develop safety plans, and identify prevention and awareness strategies
Identify age-appropriate resource and referral information for support
We provide light refreshments, materials and certificate. Please bring lunch.
Professional Credits Available for this class: 5.5 Contact Hours for Nurses; 5.5 Non-Clinical Credits for Social Workers and LPC's; and 5.5 DVS (Domestic Violence Specialist) Credits. In order to receive credits, attendees must be present for entire class time and must sign the attendance sheet and complete the evaluation.
Prefer to pay by check? Then, DO NOT register here. Please email us at email@example.com to register your name and receive payment information.
- Training Facility is wheelchair accesible.
- There is a parking garage on Church Street; we do not advise street parking.
- Workshops are based on best practices that acknowledge and respect the needs of victims from diverse populations.
- The speakers have nothing to disclose; there are no conflicts of interest, sponsorship, or financial/commercial support being supplied for these activities.
- DVS Credits approved and authorized by the NJ Coalition for Battered Women.
- This continuing nurseing education activity is approved by New Jersey Nurses Association, an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
- Teen Dating Abuse (approval #102501-10563) provided by A Partnership for Change, is approved for continuing education by the NJ Social Work Continuing Education Approval Collaborative. CE Approval Collaborative Period: 7/18/14 - 8/31/16.
When & Where
A Partnership for Change (APFC)
A Partnership for Change (APFC) is a New Jersey-based, private, non-profit organization dedicated to ending intimate partner violence through the provision of comprehensive education, awareness and prevention programs.
All programs developed by Allison Bressler, MA and Gloria Sgrizzi, Co-Founders/Co-Directors of A Partnership for Change.
For more information about our work, visit us at www.APartnershipforChange.org.