More than a dozen innovative speakers will inspire you in 10 minutes-or-less talks to be enjoyed by kids of ALL ages.
A mixture of adults and teens share ideas that matter such as how to learn a universal language in 6 minutes flat or how a nine year old boy started a library in Peru from the comfort of his home in Huntington Beach. The net result: a rich dialogue between generations to connect your family and your community.
ONLINE TICKETING CLOSED. TICKETS AVAILABLE AT THE DOOR.
2013 Speaker Lineup
2013 Speaker Lineup
- Gabe Eggerling, at age nine, saw the need for impoverished kids to have access to books and started a library in Peru from the comfort of his home in Huntington Beach.
- Staphany Hou, University high school senior (Irvine), defends the virtues of well roundedness, disproving Malcolm Gladwell's bestseller Outliers 10,000 hour rule.
- Anika Larsen, Laguna Beach high school senior, deleted her Facebook account (OMG!) and lived to tell about it.
- Vamsi Mokkapati, Mission Viejo high school senior, will teach you how to learn a universal language in 6 minutes flat.
- Jeet Banjeree, self-proclaimed 19-year-old "serial" entrepreneur, has built over 50 digital products including mobile apps, websites, eBooks and more in just 3 years. He will share his insights on doubt, success and the gaps in between.
- Jason Carbone was the Co-Executive Producer and Director of ABC’s pop culture powerhouses The Bachelorette for three years, among many successful reality TV shows, and reveals the gaps between reality and reality TV.
- Mun Jen Ng is a successful artist, product designer and Illustrator who has designed for Oakley, DKNY and Micheal Kors, and will share his touching journey which proves that you can be true to yourself and be richly validated.
- M.C.Kenzy and DTomp are 17 year old recording artists specializing in Hip Hop, Rap, Dub Step and EDM (Electric Dance Music) and will showcase their newest single Mind the Gap, created specifically for TEDxYouth@BommerCanyon.
- Jeff Leksmana wants to start a new media revolution powered by the world's teens. While developing software for companies such as Paramount Pictures, Warner Brothers and Sony he also became involved with partnered youth mentoring organizations as a way of giving back to the community. During various TEDx events he attended, he was inspired by teens who’ve explored important world issues.His journey of circling back to TEDx, now as a speaker is proof of the powerful chain reaction of ideas and awareness.
- Aliso Viejo resident Dr. Kaveh Azartash, hates having an accent. So much so that he’s dedicated his free time to create a children’s app to help future generations of foreign language learners avoid his plight.
- Jake Ducey iis one of the youngest published inspirational authors at twenty-two-years-old, and will be sharing his passion to inspire youth to change the world through finding their true north.
- Long Beach resident Vern Breitenbucher became a photographer at age 14. He opened his first studio at the age of 28 at the top of his game, only to find soon after he’d be starting from scratch to work his way back to the top using unconventional methods.
Have questions about TEDxYouth@BommerCanyon 3rd Annual Conference? Contact TEDxYouth@BommerCanyon
When & Where
TEDx was created in the spirit of TED's mission, "ideas worth spreading." The program is designed to give communities, organizations and individuals the opportunity to stimulate dialogue through TED-like experiences at the local level.
TEDxYouth@BommerCanyon 3rd Annual Conference