TEDMEDLive @ UT
Wednesday, April 17, 2013 from 10:30 AM to 4:30 PM (CDT)
JOIN US on for TEDMEDLive from Washington, DC!
As highly engaged members of our community we're pleased to offer you the first opportunity to register and attend for FREE.
TEDMED is where the world’s most creative minds meet healthcare’s most innovative science for intellectual cross-pollination. The conference consists of eleven 90 minute sessions, each featuring an unforgettable mix of speakers, entertainers, and audience collaboration. The result is a one-of-a-kind opportunity to stimulate inspiration, innovation and imagination; to generate fresh insights and surprising breakthroughs.
Go beyond passively watching. Use the TEDMEDConnect mobile app to connect “live” to the TEDMED stage and participate in live polls and activities, ask and answer questions, and share comments with the speakers. Be part of the conversation about the future of health and medicine!
Below are the CT times for TEDMEDLive @ UT - join us when and for as much as your schedule permits! Registration opens @ 9.30am | Welcome @ 10.00am | Livestream @ 10.30am.
- Wednesday, April 17, 2013:
- Session 3: 10.30am - 12:00pm CT "Translating the Untranslatable"
- ZDoggMD: Rapper and internist “ZDoggMD” wants to shake up healthcare with ideas as bold and personable as his satirical videos.
- Mick Cornett: Oklahoma City Mayor tells the story of how the people of his city are transforming themselves, together.
- Jill Sobule: returns to the TEDMED stage with her witty and wonderful musical interludes
- Sally Okun: of PatientsLikeMe, one of the first social networks for health, reveals what has emerged from years of openly sharing data: the patients' lexicon.
- Richard Simmons: Truly inspiration in action, the sequined and fabulous Richard Simmons will get us all moving from the TEDMED stage
- 12.00pm - 1.30pm Break & Discussion
- Session 4: 1:30pm – 3:15pm CT “Shifting the Patterns of Power”
H. Shaw Warren: Physician and researcher talks of the pluses and minuses of the mouse monarchy in medical research.
Max Little: Mathematician and Parkinson's Voice Initiative founder will share his perspective on how big data could change medicine.
Ashley Atkinson: will show us why urban gardens are about much more than just plants from her perspective as the Co-Director of Keep Growing Detroit.
Pritpal S. Tamber: Physician, TEDMED Clinical Editor, and Founder of Optimising Clinical Knowledge, explores a missing ingredient.
- Jonathan Bush: CEO of athenahealth, reveals how he thinks about the difficulties of aligning payer and profit in U.S. healthcare.
- Peter Attia: Surgeon, former McKinsey consultant, and relentless self-experimenter says prevailing solutions to our obesity epidemic are starved of evidence-based science.
- 3.15pm - 4.30pm Social Hour
Parking is available at the AT&T Executive Education & Conference Center.
Beverages and light refreshments will be available courtesy of the McCombs MBA Healthcare Association.
Attendance is FREE, but limited to the first 100 registrants.
TEDMEDConnect Mobile Application
The App will:
- Allow all of our 1,200+ Kennedy Center Delegates and tens of thousands of TEDMEDLive participants to connect "live" to the speakers on the TEDMED stage and ask them questions or transmit comments.
- Contain the up-to-the-minute TEDMED schedule, including a handy "What's On Now" feature.
- Provide users the ability to view photos from TEDMED and upload photos from TEDMEDLive viewing locations.
- Allow users to participate in live polls and games.
- Give users the opportunity to request a follow-up "Science-Kit" from speakers.
- Allow users to download the conference program.
- Connect users to Facebook and Twitter.
UT Austin Location ID:L69061
When prompted by the app, input the UNIVERSITY OF TEXAS AT AUSTIN location ID and your personal email address so each user can identified and communicate with the Kennedy Center stage or speakers.
TEDMED believes that the future of health and medicine will be shaped by vital input from a broad range of input. And in a spirit of collaboration and information sharing, UT Austin is permitted to offer access to all TEDMED sessions via individual laptops and tablets!
To give you maximum scheduling flexibility and accommodate time zones around the world, all ten sessions (90 minutes each) available in two formats:
REAL-TIME: view TEDMED with the rest of the DC Delegation during the days of the event (April 16-19th) ON-DEMAND: experience TEDMED on your schedule, during the event and thereafter, through Sunday, April 21st (midnight your time zone)
So even if you can't join us in person -- you can still *join* the livestream online anytime, anywhere, with anyone.
www.TEDMEDLive.org (test it out today!)
Access through UT Austin Location ID: L69061
To your best health!
TEDxAustin and The McCombs MBA Healthcare Association
When & Where
Austin is a bustling hub for innovation, a place where ideas incubate, mingle, develop and lead the world forward. It is this pulse and hum that forms the heart of TEDxAustin, which became an official TEDx licensee in 2009.
In the spirit of ideas worth spreading, TED has created a program called TEDx. TEDxAustin is a program of local, self-organized events that bring people together to share a TED-like experience.