Tuesday, September 17, 2013 from 8:30 AM to 5:30 PM (EDT)
You're invited to Techonomy Detroit, our unique one-day conference on technology's role as a driver for the U.S. and urban economy, Tuesday, September 17, 2013 at Wayne State University. Techonomy Detroit brings together leaders from business, technology, government and academia to better understand how to move America and the world into an urbanized, technologized future.
Techonomy returns to the Motor City to continue the series of conversations we began last September at our first Detroit conference. Our urgent theme is the role of technology and innovation in boosting American economic growth, job creation and urban revival. The all-day Techonomy Detroit conference focuses on issues that form the foundation of the urban century, with technology at the core of the conversation. We see it as the central source of both disruption and opportunity.
This year’s conference emphasizes the national challenge of inadequate and inequitable education. How we can enhance learning for citizens at every stage of their lives in a time of constant and accelerating change? How can every U.S. city, especially Detroit, create a learning environment that incubates jobs?
Techonomy Detroit will feature both local and national business leaders from tech and non-tech companies, as well as policy experts, politicians and nonprofit leaders. Speakers already confirmed include:
Additional speakers for Techonomy Detroit:
Jocelyn Benson, Interim Dean, Wayne State University Law School
Rodney Brooks, Founder, Chairman and CTO, Rethink Robotics
Chad Dickerson, CEO, Etsy
- Keith Ferrazzi, Founder and Chairman, Ferrazzi Greenlight
- Bruce J. Katz, VP and Director, Metropolitan Policy Program, Brookings Institution
- Edward Luce, Washington Columnist and Commentator, Financial Times
- Susan Lund, Partner and Director of Research, McKinsey Global Institute (MGI)
- Hector Ruiz, Chairman, Advanced Nanotechnology Solutions; Former CEO, AMD
- Marleen Vogelaar, Chief Strategy Officer and Co-founder, Shapeways
- Carol Williams, Executive Vice President, The Dow Chemical Company
- Andrew Yang, Founder and CEO, Venture for America
- Tae Yoo, Senior Vice President, Corporate Affairs, Cisco Systems, Inc.
We look forward to seeing you there!
When & Where
Founded in 2011, Techonomy Media Inc. is an American conference and media company headquartered in New York. Techonomy organizes conferences that focus on how the accelerating advancement of technology is transforming business and can help address the world's pressing needs. Techonomy also publishes editorial content on its website and in a weekly newsletter, and creates original video journalism.