The Cincinnati Zoo and 2trg, in partnership with the City of Cincinnati and Green Umbrella, present this complimentary seminar on responsible electronic waste disposal. Tri-state CEOs, COOs, CFOs, CIOs and Risk Management leaders are encouraged to attend to learn and share best practices for safe and responsible electronics disposal and recycling.
Learn more about sustainable practices from the Cincinnati Zoo, hailed as “the greenest Zoo in America”; 2trg, who recently earned the prestigious e-Stewards and R2 certifications; Green Umbrella, the region's sustainability initiative; and the City of Cincinnati's Office of Environmental Quality, responsible for the Green Cincinnati Plan.
Guest speaker Mike Enberg from Basel Action Network will address these topics relevant to all businesses and organizations:
- Current e-waste disposal regulations
- Best practices for creating an electronic waste recycling program for your organization with an emphasis on protecting assets and limiting risk
- Differences in the two accredited e-waste recycler certification standards: R2 & e-Stewards
- Why businesses and organizations should work with certified recyclers
- Participation in the e-Stewards Enterprise program