#TECHmunch | NYC: Food Blogger Conference (Internet Week #IWNY)
Saturday, June 11, 2011 from 9:30 AM to 8:00 PM (EDT)
New York, NY
BakeSpace.com's TECHmunch Food Blogger Conference
New York City | June 11, 2011
Doors open at 9:15am. (Light breakfast provided)
Networking Party: 5:30pm-7:30pm
As the online world descends on New York City June 6th-13th for Internet Week, food bloggers in the Big Apple will be focused on an event all their own in the form of TECHmunch NYC, which will be held Saturday, June 11th at Astor Center. New York City is the latest stop for TECHmunch, which was created to help food bloggers learn practical tools and tactics for generating buzz, building an audience and making their hard work profitable.
TECHmunch is a blend of networking mixers, panels, tastings and cooking classes that will inspire even the most seasoned food blogger. The goal is to provide the ingredients you need to succeed and pursue your passion.
Who should attend?
• Food bloggers of every level - from hobbyists to media conglomerates and everything in between
• Brands that want to connect and form partnerships with food bloggers
Can non-food bloggers attend?
Yes of course! A lot of our chats will be focused on food content, but anyone interested in SEO, monetization, content creation and syndication will walk away from our event with useful information.
What you'll learn?
Topics include the latest tools and tactics to develop and optimize content, build buzz, grow an audience and profit financially from all the hard work. The focus is on practical, hands-on information that you can use from day-one to take your blog to the next level.
We'll be giving away great prizes throughout the event (ask anyone who attended last year!). A light breakfast (w/ coffee & tea) as well as snacks throughout the day and lunch will be provided for full access pass holders. For networking party pass holders only, there will be beverages served at the party.
Speakers (Partial List):
- Chef Jacques Torres (aka Mr. Chocolate)
- Lynn Andriani, Oprah.com
- Lauren Drell, Mashable.com
- Babette Pepaj, BakeSpace.com/TECHmunch
- Nichelle Stephens, Cupcakes Take the Cake
- Chris Pearson, DIYThemes.com (Creator of the Thesis Theme)
- Jessica Randazza, Digitas (KitchenAid)
- Emily Schildt, Communications Manager at Chobani
- David Leite, Author & James Beard Award Winner
- Cathy Erway, Author
- Geoff Allen, CEO Ziplist
- Marc Matsumoto, Norecipes.com
- Erik Deutsch, ExcelPR Group
- Karen Seiger, MarketsofNewYork.com
- Emily Clavalier, Mouth of the Border
- Nicole Taylor, Brooklyn Food Coalition
- Cathy Brooks, Other than That
- Jessica Lee Binder, FoodMayhem.com
- Eric Rochow, GardenFork.TV
- Adam Salomone, The Harvard Common Press
- Jennifer Perillo, InJenniesKitchen.com
- Joshua Unseth, Jar Group
- Danielle Gould, FoodandTechConnect.com
- Eric Issac, Snapfood
- Tricia Okin, papercutny
- Jackie Gordon, The Diva that Ate New York
- Tameeka Ballance, Tameeka Time
For more information, visit our official TECHmunch site.
DIRECTIONS TO EVENT:
The 6 train to Astor Place is the closest. You get off the train and walk south down Lafayette, we are on the left - you'll see a large maroon flag. Other options listed here as well. http://www.astorcenternyc.com/contact.ac?rel=nav
Got a question or would like to sponsor our event?
Tickets may be purchased at the door (unless the event is listed as SOLD OUT) for the amount listed above. We accept cash or check. Checks should be made out to BakeSpace, Inc.
When & Where
TECHmunch NYC 2011
TECHmunch is a series of conferences in cities across the U.S. designed to help food bloggers gain the hands-on digital media, marketing and business skills they need to make their blogs more personally and financially rewarding. Each conference features leading experts in a range of disciplines -- from digital publishing and search engine optimization to public relations and online advertising. TECHmunch was created by BakeSpace.com Founder Babette Pepaj, who serves as its producer and host.
Connect with us for updates!