Tech Survey Class
Weekly Event - Every Wednesday: 1:00 PM to 2:30 PM (PDT)
Santa Cruz, CA
The MakersFactory Tech Survey Club is a perfect addition to any homeschooling curriculum! Eight weeks of technology-oriented and computer-based activities will keep students engaged as they learn and participate in a variety of MakersFactory offerings.
- Week 1: 2D design with Inkscape - Create custom stickers and decals.
- Week 2: Laser-Cutting with Inkscape - Engrave and design a nameplate and a laser-cut lamp.
- Week 3 & 4: 3D Design with Blender - Create a 3D model and prepare it for 3D printing.
- Week 5 & 6: Game Maker - learn how to customize and design video games from scratch.
- Week 7: LEGO Mindstorms - Build and program a robot to perform simple tasks.
- Week 8: Arduino with Scratch - Learn to program a miniature computer.
- Week 9-32: TBD
It is not a requirement for your child to be homeschooled in order to attend. If it works for their schedule, feel free to join! This club is designed so that students may drop-in to whatever session they wish. We are an approved vendor with Ocean Grove Charter School. Check out our listing here.
Homeschool Tech Survey Club
Date: Every Monday from September 16th - June 9th 2014 (thirty two weeks/8 months) Classes will NOT be held over the week of christmas, new years's or thanksgiving holiday.
Price: $45/session OR $180/month (If you would like to pay per month please bring your payment by the office)
877 Cedar Street
MakersFactory is a new educational maker space in downtown Santa Cruz, CA, where students of all ages will learn and use exciting new technology for 3D printing, modeling, animation, and robotics. MakersFactory students will be able to design, prototype, and manufacture a wide variety of items, from simple 3D objects to complex mechanical/electronic products. For more information, go to http://makersfactory.com/