Tech Madison Avenue 2012
Wednesday, October 17, 2012 from 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM (PDT)
San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Talk NYC is the first curated conference series in New York City consciously focused on bringing together executives across advertising, marketing, technology, media and entertainment (at established and emerging companies) to explore ways to collaborate within the evolving digital ecosystem. Founded in 2009, Tech Madison Avenue (TMA) represents the premier space where executives from the world of brands and platforms converge to discuss the future of technology and advertising.
With the lines between brands and platforms increasingly blurring, there is still room to explore and identify ways executives from both worlds can collaborate to build successful and vibrant partnerships. This is TMA.
As a backdrop, New York City is quickly evolving into one of the largest technology hubs in the country. The synergies between an emerging digital realm and the established marketing center in the Big Apple are countless. Tech Madison Avenue is designed to explore the potential for collaboration on both fronts.
TMA asks the questions:
- What are the optimal ways for brands and technology companies to work together to satisfy user demand, while at the same time grow their businesses to achieve profitable partnerships?
- What level of risk should an established brand be willing to take before committing to a new platform?
- What are the key issues tech firms and start ups need to understand when assessing whether Madison Avenue fits into their growth or business model?
Speakers will share expertise in retail, mobile, social, and video and investigate how partnerships between brands and technology companies are established. Below are the speakers who will join us.
- Chef Marcus Samuelsson, Internationally acclaimed Chef, Author and Philanthropist
- Barry Miguel, President of 7 For All Mankind
- Sheldon Gilbert, CEO of Proclivity Media
- Jorge Espinel, EVP, Strategy and Corporate Development, Digital Media, News Corporation
- Alex Iskold, CEO of Get Glue
- Kerry Trainor, CEO of Vimeo
- Rei Inamoto, Chief Creative Officer at AKQA
- Greg Kahn, EVP Business Development Director, Zenith Optimedia US
- Eriq Gardner, Senior Editor at The Hollywood Reporter
- David Eastman, CEO of JWT North America and Worldwide Digital Director
- Neil Blumenthal, Co-Founder, Warby Parker
- Sim Blaustein, Principal,Bertelsmann Digital Media Investments
- Sam Zises, Co-Founder, Wendr
- Warren Griffiths, SVP, Global Digital Director, Samsung Global – Starcom MediaVest Group
An updated list of speakers to be announced in the coming weeks.
Where influencers connect:
This is where Talk NYC comes in. Against this complex and exciting backdrop, Talk NYC is hosting Round 3 of our 2012 series. Following Advertising Week, this talk round will examine the relationships between brands and tech platforms of all kinds. This is a fun and illuminating event bringing together a pioneering community of influencers, executives, and entrepreneurs to meet and connect in an atmosphere that is casual and approachable. The focus will be on successful partnerships being built today between Madison Avenue and some of America’s leading brands and how this relationship will evolve in the future.
TMA will provide a multi-faceted perspective on the challenges and opportunities that lie ahead for brand-tech collaborations. The talk will cover the crucial areas of Retail, Mobile, Social Television and Online Video and show how brands are successfully harnessing these platforms. This is an unrivaled opportunity for meeting, and yes, talking, but it will also provoke new and innovative ways of thinking and collaborating.
Tech Madison Avenue is an invaluable opportunity:
- Connect with a close-knit community of influencers, executives, and entrepreneurs in a welcoming, approachable atmosphere
- Discuss and design creative ways to fully capitalize on current trends with the New Establishment of technology, marketing, branding and advertising
- Explore and collaborate on ideas for the future of mobile, social media, and online video