San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Job Fair for Veterans and Spouses
"Building Connections for Greater Opportunities"
Team RWB Albany
Wednesday, September 25, 2013
Mansion at Cedar Hill
1016 River Road
Selkirk, NY 12158
(six miles from downtown Albany or exit 22 off NYS Thruway)
Brown Coach will transport 50 Veterans to
the Mansion at Cedar Hill
9:30am: Departure from the Albany Stratton VA Medical Center, 113 Holland Avenue, Albany, NY.
2:15pm: Departure from the Mansion at Cedar Hill, Selkirk, NY.
♦ Dress for success ♦ Bring resumes ♦ Network
A job fair with a "twist". Team RWB Albany presents Job Fair for veterans. Veterans will receive an opportunity to engage in a “soft interview” with an employer. Work on your interview techniques by communicating your skills and employment history in a relaxed social environment. Take part in our workshops when you're finished networking with employers.
* Non veterans are welcome
♦ Build your professional network to find your job ♦
“Veterans have led in the field; they can lead in a factory or research facility.
Veterans believe in getting the job done and doing it in the right way.”
Chairman & CEO, General Electric, Jeff Immelt
What will happen at the Job Fair for Veterans and Spouses:
You can discuss your skills, goals, and objectives with a human resources representative in an informal setting. To help achieve your short/long-term personal and professional goals, you will be informed by our community partners:
1. Team RWB Albany will inform you about how their organization enriches lives of veterans by connecting them to their community through physical and social activity.
2. Jill Osterhout, Executive Director at K.C.O Resource Management will share her insight about how to write an effective resume to translate military skills into a civilian career. Along with a few behind the scenes tips on what hiring managers are listening for during an interview.
3. Robert Clancy owner of Spiral Design Studio, LLC and author of “The Hitchhiker's Guide To The Soul” will share inspirational stories. Learn how community service can enhance your career and gain insights on how to enhance your leadership through compassion.
4. Jay Purner, owner of JāCorWeb will show you the value of an online presence to find their next job. Later, you will have an opportunity to sit at a computer station and build your LinkedIn profile.
5. Department of Labor representatives will assist you with your job search.
6. Renee Mesh, RMesh Associates, LLC and Elizabeth Miller, Capital District Women's Employment & Resource Center (WERC) will review your resume and provide techniques and approaches to increase employment opportunities.
7. Erica Choi, Albany Senior Area Manager at US Small Business Administration (SBA) will share types of opportunities available with the SBA for those who want to be an entrepreneur.
8. Susan Wells, founder of Stars For Our Troops, is a project that takes your worn, used American Flags and turns them into a prized possession for our Armed Forces & Veterans. She will distribute stars to our veterans.
9. Jane Weber, VA Women’s Program, will share information about their program for women veterans.
10. John Murphy, Pic by Murphy, will take several pictures of you and an edited photo will be sent via email for free. Your profile photo is important on LinkedIn and Facebook while seeking employment.
Once you've completed the professional segment then you can continue building positive relationships during our networking segment. You can enjoy music by guitarist John Charles Cook and paintings by artist Mary Frances Millet.
We appreciate the support of our sponsors
When & Where
Organized by Squared Away Event Planners
Building relationships in the community for greater opportunities.