Team Karno Kids 13.1 (Training begins Saturday, 8/18)
Saturday, August 18, 2012 at 9:30 AM - Sunday, November 4, 2012 at 12:00 PM (PDT)
San Francisco, CA
San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Team Karno Kids 13.1 launching on Saturday, 8/18 @ 9:30AM is a half marathon training and fundraising program benefitting Karno Kids, a San Francisco based non-profit.
There are THREE fun, 'fitlanthropic' ways to participate in Team Karno Kids 13.1-
- Pay To Play-Simply pay the $150 registration fee and 10% of your fee goes directly to Karno Kids
- Fundraise $500-Your training is free, but you are asked to raise $500 for Karno Kids. You will be provided a fundraising webpage and fundraising support.
- Fundraise $1,000-Your training is free and your race registration fee is reimbursed provided you meet or exceed the $1,000 fundraising minimum. You will be provided a fundraising webpage and fundraising support.
Any way you train, you and Karno Kids wins!
Created by Dean Karnazes (The 'ultra-marathon man')
Karno Kids provides direct financial support to organizations and programs that are focused on improving the health and wellness of our youth and on restoring and preserving the environment and urban open-spaces for their ongoing use and enjoyment.
Karno Kids works with a select number of quality organizations and programs that sustain this vision in an accountable and quantifiable manner.
Team Karno Kids 13.1 participants receive the following-
- 3 weekly professionally coached workouts (Tuesdays @ 6:30PM (maintenance run) Thursdays @ 6:30PM (bootcamp or speedwork), Saturdays @ 9:30AM (long run))
- A fashion forward technical training shirt
- A twice weekly email newsletter supporting your training.
- A comprehensive training schedule
- Chomps, GU,and Roctane provided by GU Energy.
- Clinics/Seminars with PSOAS Massage+Bodywork, MV Nutrition, and more.
- Team social events (bar nights, team dinners, etc.)!
Start Date: Saturday, Aug.18, 2012 @ 9:30AM
Training Program Length: 11 weeks (8/18-11/4)
Coaching Services Provided By: Marathon Matt
Not sure you're ready to tackle a half marathon? Read Marathon Matt's 'fullproof' plan for conquering 13.1-
Still not sure? Read some of Marathon Matt's Yelp reviews-
Still have questions/concerns about Team Karno Kids 13.1? EMAIL MARATHONMATT@MARATHONMATT.COM
When & Where
Marathon Matt has been producing training programs since 2005.
Marathon Matt is firmly committed to providing a world class experience for all program participants.
For client/customer testimonials for Marathon Matt, click the links below for Yelp reviews-