Miami, FL / April 25-27, 2013
To maximize your learning experience, this course is limited to just 16 attendees. Register early to confirm your seat in the course. When the course sells out, we will begin a wait-list in the event of attendee cancellations. For additional dates/locations, visit http://www.teachingmediation.com/.
ABOUT THE SEMINAR
Teaching Mediation: The Train-the-Trainer Seminar for Mediation Trainers and Instructors is a comprehensive, innovative, one-of-a-kind experience for new and experienced mediation trainers and instructors. This 3-day program will teach you how to develop, market and present mediation training seminars. The workshop is ideal for just-getting-started mediation trainers and for experienced trainers looking for new ideas. The material covered here will help you if you train mediators in ANY of the following areas -- For-profit commercial, business or divorce mediators; Court annexed, registered or certified mediators; Community or volunteer mediators; Graduate or undergraduate students in an academic setting; Public sector/government mediators. You'll leave this program with new ideas, new perspectives, and new resources for teaching mediation in any setting. Your mediation training will never be the same. We guarantee it!
MEETING TIMES / April 25-27, 2013
Day 1: 8:30 am -- 5:00 pm
Day 2: 8:30 am -- 5:00 pm
Day 3: 8:30 am -- 1:00 pm
SEMINAR HIGHLIGHTS & COURSE CONTENT
The course content and accompanying training materials for Teaching Mediation: The Train-the-Trainer Seminar for Mediation Trainers and Instructors make this workshop an incredibly comprehensive training experience. The program covers 3 essential areas: (1) How to Teach; (2) What to Teach; and (3) Success, Professionalism & Profitability. Here's a sample of what you will learn:
HOW TO TEACH
- Adult Learning Principles Every Mediation Trainer Should Know
- Determining and Understanding Your Training Style (and How it Affects Your Ability to Train New Mediator)
- Utilizing Your Mediation Skills in the Classroom
- 25 Ideas to Increase Participation
- Teaching Mediation Ethics
- Beyond PowerPoint and Flip Charts -- Use of Visual Aids and Technology
- 30 Creative Ways to Keep Participants Involved in Learning
- Using Games to Teach Mediation Principles
- Instructional Design Principles Every Mediation Trainer Should Know
- Effective Use of Video in the Classroom
- Making Role Plays Effective, Meaningful and Fun
- Assessing Trainees Needs Before, During and After the Training
- Truths & Myths You Probably Believe About Training Adults (What Research Teaches Us About Learning)
- How the Brain Works & What it Means for Trainers
- Presentation Skills for Mediation Trainers
- Motivating Adults to Learn
- Dealing with Difficult Participants
- Time Management for Mediation Trainers
- Online Training Delivery Options
- Training Traps -- And How to Avoid Them
- Overcoming Fear & Eliminating Obstacles to Effective Training (For the Trainer and the Learner)
- Establishing Your Credibility With Any Audience
- Understanding the Life Cycle of a Training Group
- What SME's (Subject Matter Experts -- That's You!) Need to Know to Become Extraordinary Trainers
- Varying Your Method of Training Delivery to Maximize Effectiveness
- 10 Things Mediation Trainers Should Always Do (and 8 Things Mediation Trainers Should Never Do)
WHAT TO TEACH
- Deciding What Topics to Teach and How to Know That You Are Covering the Right Material
- Training Mediators for the Real World of Mediation
- Curriculum: When to Create It, When to Borrow It, and When to Steal It! (NOTE: Don't Ever, Ever Steal It!)
- Guidelines for Developing Your Course Content
- Resources, Resources and More Resources: An Overview of Available Videos, Books, Training Materials, Role Plays, Websites and More!
SUCCESS, PROFESSIONALISM and PROFITABILITY
- Developing a Plan of Action to Bring Your Training to the Next Level
- Ethical Considerations for Mediation Trainers
- Resources for Mediation Trainers
- Qualities Every Mediation Trainer Must Develop to Succeed
- The Business and Finances of Mediation Training
- The Logistics of Mediation Training
- Checklists, Time Lines and More Checklists
- Marketing a Mediation Training Program (To the Public or In-House)
- Mistakes I've Made -- So You Won't Have To!
- Developing "Partnerships" With Other Trainers
- Working With Secondary Trainers
- The Mediation Trainer's Continual Improvement Plan
- Evaluating the Effectiveness of Your Training (Beyond Smile Sheets)
- Solutions to Common Training Problems
- Topics Uniquely Applicable to Mediation Trainers
- Getting Course Approval by Regulatory Bodies (CLE, CME, ETC!)
This program covers virtually everything you will need to know to get started as a mediation trainer or to bring your mediation training to the next level. If you have questions about the course content, please email email@example.com
A "TOTAL PACKAGE" MEDIATION TRAINING EXPERIENCE
Mediation Media, Inc. takes pride in offering a "total package" training experience. We don't just want to "train" you -- we want to see you succeed! In addition to an outstanding in-depth training experience, your registration includes the following:
AT THE SEMINAR:
A Comprehensive Training Workbook/Reference Guide
Forms, Checklists and Materials for Use in Your Training Events/Business
Certificate of Completion
Comprehensive Resource Guide for Mediation Trainers
Next Steps for Mediation Trainers
AFTER THE SEMINAR:
Mentoring Program: Participants who successfully complete the Teaching Mediation program will be eligible to participant in our Mentoring Program, which will give you hands-on opportunities to participate as a trainer at future mediator training programs. Details of the Mentoring Program will be discussed at the seminar. If you have questions prior to the seminar, call (800) 237-3476 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Free refresher courses: After you have completed the Teaching Mediation program, you are invited to return at no charge for a refresher course anytime . . . forever! We offer this on all of our multi-day programs and know of no other mediation training organization that makes an offer this generous.
Free post-seminar consultation with trainer: The lead trainer at your seminar will be available to you at no charge for post-seminar consultations by telephone or email anytime to answer questions or provide assistance as needed.
Discount registration for advanced seminars: Attending this program entitles you to the "alumni" discount on all advanced level mediation or train-the-trainer programs sponsored by Mediation Media.
CONTINUING EDUCATION CREDIT
This 20-hour course qualifies for CME credit in Florida. It also meets various requirements for primary trainers and assistant trainers under the "Continuing Education" requirements and "Training Delivery Experience" requirements of the Mediation Training Standards and Procedures adopted by the Supreme Court of Florida. If you have questions about how this course meets these requirements, please call (800) 237-3476 or email email@example.com.
YOUR SATISFACTION IS ABSOLUTELY 100% GUARANTEED
Mediation Media has a long history of mediation training success! We've been training mediators for over 18 years! Over 3000 professionals have completed our mediation training programs. We are so confident that you will gain the skills you need to become an exceptionally effective mediation trainer at our seminar that we make this promise:
If, after completing the Teaching Mediation program, you are not satisfied with the seminar content or presentation by the instructor, simply return your training materials to the seminar leader on the final day of training and your enrollment fee will be refunded in full! No problem, period! We know of no other mediation training organization that offers this type of money-back guarantee on mediation training.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
This course is open to anyone, especially those interested in learning to train mediators, teach mediation in an academic setting, or offer conflict resolution/mediation training as a way to expand their business. This course is ideal for both new and experienced mediation trainers. There are no prerequisites to attend.
Our training philosophy -- Minimal lecture; informative, engaging interaction! Those five words describe the practical, hands-on approach of our training programs. The small group setting (just 16 participants will be allowed to attend) of this program will ensure a comfortable, non-threatening learning environment with individual attention. Simulations, small and large group discussions, media presentations, and meaningful group exercises will enhance your learning experience. This will be a fun and challenging experience for all who attend.
Many participants who attend our program tell us: "This is unlike any other I've ever attended!" We take that as a compliment! (They also tell us, "This is the best I've ever attended!") Our innovative and creative approach to training will have you engaged in the course from the moment the program begins until the very end! To see what others say about our training programs, click here.
This seminar will be conducted by Troy Smith, author and designer of Teaching Mediation. Troy also developed The Mediation Process and the Skills of Conflict Resolution, a basic mediation training seminar and Divorce and Family Mediation: A 40-Hour Comprehensive Course. He has also conducted advanced mediation training seminars on a wide variety of topics. Troy began mediating over 21 years ago and has been a mediation trainer for over 19 years. Over 3000 individuals have completed his training programs. He will share his expertise with you in this one-of-a-kind training experience. Click here to learn more about the instructor. Additional faculty may also be present at your program.
SEMINAR REGISTRATION TRANSFER and CANCELLATION POLICY
Full Refund. Your seminar fee is fully refundable if you cancel your registration 21 days prior to the first day of the seminar. All cancellations must be received in writing or via email.
Reschedule Anytime. If you must reschedule your attendance at a seminar (even at the last minute) you may transfer your registration to another equally priced seminar within 24 months of the date of your original program. All reschedule requests must be in writing and received prior to the start of the seminar. (No-shows will not be eligible to reschedule).
Substitutions. If you are unable to attend a seminar for which you have registered, you may send a substitute in your place. If you need to send a substitute, we ask that you notify us at least 1 day in advance of your seminar, if possible.
Event Cancellation. In the highly unlikely event that Mediation Media, Inc. must cancel or reschedule a program for which you are registered for any reason, we will refund your registration fees or transfer your registration to another program, whichever you choose. Mediation Media, Inc. is not responsible for participant expenses related to a program cancellation.
If you have questions not answered here, email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist you. Or, call (800) 237-3476.
Mediation Media, Inc. is dedicated to providing outstanding advanced and basic mediation training seminars for new and experienced mediators.
We also offer a one-of-a-kind Train-the-Trainer seminar designed to enable experienced mediators and mediation instructors to develop, market and present mediation training seminars of their own.
Our training seminars are offered in many locations nationwide. Every seminar we offer can also be customized and presented at your location for your law firm, organization or group. Our seminars meet continuing education (CLE/CME) requirements and registration criteria for court-approved mediators, where applicable.
Visit www.mediationmedia.com for more information. Or, call us at 800-ADR-FIRM or 800-237-3476.
In order to purchase these tickets in installments, you'll need an Eventbrite account. Log in or sign up for a free account to continue.