Schools That Can Newark is thrilled to announce its first teacher peer learning conference, featuring workshops and panels led entirely by teachers, for teachers. Join us for a morning of new perspectives, strategies, and collaborative relationship-building with K-12 teachers from district, charter, and independent schools across Newark.
Participate in workshops led by teachers from St. Benedict's Preparatory, Newark Educators Community Charter School, Bard High School Early College, Hawthorne Ave School, Newark Boys Chorus School, Discovery Charter School, People's Prep Charter School, Philip's Academy Charter School, and more!
Registration is free!
|8:30-9:00||Registration & breakfast|
|9:25-10:10||Workshop Session A:
- Introducing Group Blogs into Classroom Use (Dennis Lansang)
- Student-Centered Learning at Discovery Charter School (Barbara G. Weiland)
- Mindset: Brain Research to Jump-Start the Disengaged Mind (Bruce Fryer)
- Step Up to Success Behavior Modification Program (Anne Pereira)
- Developing Music Literacy: The Newark Boys Chorus School Model (Michael Sanflippo)
Best Practices Panels:
- ELA & Social Studies (Nathan Patton, Fiorella Serrano)
- Math & Science (Melanie Hinds, Mohammed Kabbani, Keith Robinson)
|11:00-11:45||Workshop Session B:
- Building Inclusive Classroom and Curricula (Nicole Mulligan & Chancy Bhatt)
- Lesson Framing: SMART Aims (Lisa Bonnifield)
- Bodies in Space: Words in Perspective (Patricia Flynn)
- Exploring 19th Century Reform through Primary Documents (Carla Stephens)
|11:50-12:30||Lunch & closing panel|
Questions? Contact Stephany Lin at firstname.lastname@example.org
When & Where
Schools That Can Newark
STC Newark is a regional network within Schools That Can (STC). STC unites leaders to expand quality urban education.
Schools That Can creates a safe space where leaders from urban schools, innovative education organizations, and industry can work together to advance school improvement.
We believe every urban school can thrive. Because students can.