San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
The Burning Bush Bookstore and Lewis Education Group present the Literary Series Kickoff
When: March 10, 2013
Where: The Coffee Cave
45 Halsey St.
Newark, NJ 07102
What : Cash Mob – an organized event where the organizer requests that each contribute a minimum amount to a local business or cause.
Why: The idea of cash mobbing was created to accomplish the following goals:
- Inject cash flow into a business that may otherwise never receive it
- Bring awareness of a local business to people that may not otherwise know about it
- Bring people together for networking opportunities
How: We are asking each participant to do the following:
- Spend a minimum of $20 on books from the two highlighted authors (ReShonda Tate Billingsley and Victoria Christopher Murray)
- Share news of this cash mob with as many people as you can via all of the social media channels (Facebook, Twitter, email, etc.).
- Meet at least three new people
Some important notes about this Cash Mob:
- The highlighted authors will be in attendance to sign copies of their books!
- The Burning Bush Bookstore will donate a portion of the proceeds generated from this Cash Mob event to local Black-Owned businesses
- The Coffee Cave is conveniently located near public transportation and there will be ample parking available.
- There are several other local businesses located within close proximity.
- We encourage you to take pictures of the event and post them so others can see how powerful this medium can be.
- Please come out and support but, most of all, ENJOY YOURSELF!!!