San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
This workshop will teach self-employed writers, artists, and other creative types how to keep track of income and expenses and save money on their taxes. Take this workshop, and learn how to write it off!
We will cover:
- An in-depth discussion of tax-deductible expenses for self-employed artists.
- An examination of wage vs. independent contractor income and expenses. (W-2s and 1099s)
- Basic bookkeeping techniques and tips on how to run a “one-person business.”
- Valuable hints on how to deal with self-employment income.
- A demonstration of how to include business expenses on your tax return to significantly reduce your tax liability.
About your instructor:
David Turrentine, EA has been preparing taxes for self-employed individuals nationwide since 1988. He has been an Enrolled Agent since 1998. Mr. Turrentine received his accounting and tax training at DePaul University, and is an active member of the National Association of Enrolled Agents. He has presented tax workshops at many independent venues, and has appeared as a guest lecturer at Columbia University, Northwestern University, UIC, De Paul University, and with the AmeriCorps program.
About the Venue:
Brasserie 54 is a neighborhood bar-restaurant serving French inspired small plates and entrees. Arrive early and dine downstairs, or order a drink at the bar and bring it into the workshop. (No outside food or drinks allowed, thanks.)