Taste of Marukai
Thursday, April 11, 2013 from 6:00 PM to 9:00 PM (HST)
San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Mahalo to everyone for their support and for a sold out event! We look forward to sharing an exciting experience with those attending on Thursday. Tickets will not be available at the door.
Experience the 8th Annual Taste of Marukai - Hawaii's premier celebration of Japanese cuisine, sake & culture.
Celebrate the best of Japanese heritage in Hawaii through exciting entertainment, delicious food and excellent sake. You can expect a variety of fantastic selections, including many samplings brought straight to you from Japan.
Over the past seven years, the Taste of Marukai, which benefits four outstanding nonprofit organizations, has grown into one of Marukai's largest events of the year.
This event supports:
- Japanese Cultural Center of Hawaii
- Honolulu Japanese Chamber of Commerce
- Honolulu Japanese Junior Chamber of Commerce
- Hawaii United Okinawa Association
Don't miss the food, sake, entertainment and incredible prizes!
A Wide Array of Japanese Cuisine and Refreshing Beverages
- Delight in selections from featured Chef Russell Siu of 3660 On The Rise.
- Enjoy exquisite food such as Alaskan king crab, nigiri sushi, sashimi, grilled Kona coast abalone, pork shabu-shabu salad, and more.
- Sample a wide assortment of Japanese sake, shochu, and beer!
Win Fabulous Prizes!
At the event you can make a donation of $10 per ticket (or 20 tickets for $140, 10 tickets for $80, 5 tickets for $45) for chances to win fabulous prizes.
- Two individual round trip tickets on Hawaiian Airlines between Honolulu and Japan!
- Las Vegas package for two.
- Fantastic hotel stays at resorts like The Ritz-Carlton (Kapalua), Grand Wailea, Kauai Beach Resort, Trump International Hotel Waikiki Beach Walk and Hilton Hawaiian Village, and a stay at Destination Resorts Hawaii's Wailea Ekahi Village.
- Exciting products like an iPad Mini.
- Restaurant certificates at places like Alan Wong's, Okonomiyaki Chibo Restaurant, and Benihana.
- Spa gift certificates and much more!
Open up good fortune during the Kagami Biraki sake barrel ceremony brought from Japan by Tsukasabotan Brewery Co. just for the 8th Annual Taste of Marukai.
Live performances by versatile musician and vocal artist Keith Nakaganeku. He is known for his eclectic mix of Hawaiian, Contemporary, Japanese and Okinawan songs that showcase his unique vocal style.
Plus, special taiko drumming performances by Dragon Beat. Experience the excitement of Taiko music!
Watch a soba artisan expertlly knead, roll out, and slice soba noddles. Also don't miss the fascinating fish-cutting demonstration!
This event is for ages 21 and over. Please be prepared to present your ID at the door.
When & Where
Marukai Wholesale Mart and Marukai Market Place provide direct savings on more than 30,000 specialty foods and dry good items, with additional savings for members. Marukai features premium value and high quality on fresh meat, seafood and produce; the widest selection of sake in the islands; an array of home items.