Taste of (Local) DC ~ benefitting DC Social Innovation Project
Wednesday, July 25, 2012 from 6:00 PM to 9:00 PM (EDT)
Join DC Social Innovation Project for the
Taste of (Local) DC!
Washington, DC is emerging as a hub of new dining experiences and food businesses; from upscale restaurants to food trucks and everything in between. At the Taste of Local DC we're highlighting some up-and-coming local food businesses from Grey DC market to give you a taste of creative, locally produced food while raising funds for DC Social Innovation Project!
The event will feature tastings from:
- Los Verracos - what started as whole pig roasts among friends and family is now a concept to make culturally authentic foods for the public that is not limited to just pork
- Minnesota Nice Pierogies - hearty, fresh food that is reminiscent of growing up in Minnesota
- Naturally Sweet Desserts - offering desserts that taste delicious and have the healthy benefits of antioxidants, protein and whole grains
- Three Courses - meals based on family recipes including appetizers, dips, and mini bites to our excellent crab cakes, pulled pork and Italian specialties to hand-crafted candies and desserts
- Sittoo Savories - delicious vegetable and meat strombolis using an old family bread recipe and local ingredients
We'll have silent auction items from: Zipcar, Soupergirl, Lubin Protrait Studio, Hugh & Crye, and more!
Proceeds from ticket sales will go directly to fund DC Social Innovation Project's grants to help community members launch innovative new projects tackling pressing social issues in DC. Ticket purchases are tax-deductible as allowed by law.
About DC Social Innovation Project:
DC Social Innovation Project identifies and invests in creative new ideas that tackle pressing social issues in Washington, DC. Over the past year, DC Social Innovation Project has convened and awarded nearly $100,000 in funding and pro bono services to help community members launch six creative, new projects addressing unemployment, education, and access to healthy food in Washington, DC.
Host Committee: Kristin Poe, Byron Stewart, Andrew Sommers, Omar Hashmi, Maurice Matthews, Kathryn Gray, Darius Graham, Hector Huezo, Johanna Thomas, Toya Carmichael, Cynthia Pullom
To join our host committee, become a sponsor, or donate a silent auction item, contact us at email@example.com.
When & Where
DC Social Innovation Project
DC Social Innovation Project identifies and invests in creative, new ideas that tackle pressing social issues in Washington, DC. Through idea competitions and community solution-building activities, DCSIP seeks to be a breeding ground for initiatives that create a better DC with a better quality of life and more opportunities for everyone.