Taste History Culinary Tours
Boynton Beach, Florida
Taste History™ Culinary Tours
of Historic Palm Beach County
Delray Beach & Boynton Beach
Lake Worth & Lantana
Second, Third & Fourth Saturdays of each month
$40 per person; free for children under age 18
(We welcome children under age 18 too but children must be accompanied by a paid adult family member and you are required to first call to verify space availibility for children.)
Unfortunately, dietary restrictions cannot be accommodated
Sponsored by Macy*s:
Sign-up and subscribe to FOLLOW the BLOG for Taste History Culianary Tours
Here is the link:
LIKE on Facebook the Taste History Culinary Tours
Here is the link:
Here is the Link for the Museum's website for the
Taste History™ Culinary Tours:
Second, Third & Fourth Saturdays at 11am (Arrive by 10:45am) (Culinary tours are 3-hours to 4-hours and consists of bus riding and may include 4 to 6 blocks of walking)
The culinary tours are held year-round
·Contact information: 561-243-2662 or 561-638-8277 or e-mail: Tour@TasteHistoryCulinaryTours.org. The web address is tastehistoryculinarytours.org
NEW Boarding Location (Please arrive by 10:45am):
801 N. Congress Avenue
Boynton Beach Mall (outside of Mall at Macy's-East Entrance)
Boynton Beach, FL
Taste History is an enjoyable culinary cultural daytrip that is three to four-hours and may include a combination of bus tour and 4 to 6 blocks of walking tour conducted by the Museum of Lifestyle & Fashion History (MLFH). MLFH is a non-profit cultural charity.
The Taste History™ Culinary Tours of Historic Delray Beach & Boynton Beach are held on the third and fourth Saturdays of each month, year-round, at 11am plus private group tours are available. The Taste History Culinary Tours of Historic Lake Worth & Lantana are offered on the second Saturday of each month, year-round, at 11am plus private group tours are available.
The Culinary Tours of Historic Delray Beach & Boynton Beach; and the Culinary Tours of Lake Worth & Lantana travel by bus and foot to restaurants/eateries/cultural sites located in historic areas and/or buildings and includes food sampling and learning about food culture, food history and foodways. Plus, the tour visits historic buildings/sites/landmarks/art districts located along the travel route of the tour. And, Florida history is narrated by a guide. Taste History is an Official Community Event Partner of Viva Florida.
MLFH has about 30 local and family-owned restaurant partners. At least three to four restaurants/eateries/diners are visited per tour where food tasting is provided of that restaurant's cuisine along with food history, food culture and foodways infused with facts about the historic building and/or district where the restaurant or eatery is located. At least three to four restaurants are visited per tour and these restaurants/eateries are visited alternately on a rotating schedule, each second, third and fourth Saturday of the month. Each tour is different and never an exact duplication of previous tours hosted.
Meet the restaurant owners and chefs; or directors of the art galleries and cultural centers visited on the tour.
In addition to visits to restaurants and diners, some food tasting experiences include Farmer's Markets, Urban Farms and Ethnic Street Vendors
History information about historic neighborhoods, districts and buildings are narrated during the tour infused with food history, food culture and foodways.
Learn enlightening history about the State of Florida, Palm Beach County, Delray Beach, Boynton Beach and Lake Worth infused with food tastings, food history, food culture and foodways. Florida history and food history are narrated by a guide.
Tour starts by bus at the Boynton Beach Mall (outside at Macy's-East Entrance) in Boynton Beach, FL. Passengers are transported by bus for the walking component of the tour. History information is narrated by a live guide for the entire duration of the tour.
The culinary tours are smaller capacity tours so that the visits to the eateries are manageable. The average tour size ranges from 15 to 20 people.
Contact information: 561-243-2662 or 561-638-8277
Pertaining to any dietary restrictions, because the food is served at the discretion of the restaurant/eatery, Taste History cannot dictate or determine food content based on dietary restrictions. The Taste History Culinary Tour cannot accommodate dietary restrictions. Dietary substitutions cannot be provided. Cut and paste the following link into your browser for the Food & Drug Administration Facts about Food Allergies and Symptoms. http://www.fda.gov/Food/ResourcesForYou/Consumers/ucm079311.htm
What you need to know, What you need to wear and What you need to bring:
1. These Culinary tours are at least three-hours to four-hours with a live guide and are a combination of bus riding and walking.
2. Eat breakfast and drink at least 8oz of fluid before you arrive for the tour
3. Tours take place rain or shine. We suggest that you check the local weather report too.
4. For most of the tours, there is about 4 to 6 blocks of walking therefore, dress comfortably, wear comfortable shoes (no high-heels) and carry an umbrella
5. Wear sunscreen, and bring a hat
6. Because of the walking, it is recommended that you bring bottled water and a small cooler with an ice-pack
7. Tickets are non-refundable
Restaurants Visited & Food Served for Culinary Tour:
1. At least three to four local and family-owned restaurants /eateries are visited per tour for the Culinary Tour plus visits to historical sites or art galleries.
2. The food menu served is at the discretion of the restaurant. Taste History is not responsible for the content of the food.
3. The food servings are samplings and tasting of the restaurants' cuisine along with food history, food culture and foodways information. Some eating experiences are STANDING-only. Taste History is a food tasting tour and not a sit-down luncheon but the food portions are hearty and most people are full by the end the tour.
4. Tour guests are welcome to leave a gratuity at the restaurants visited
5. The Culinary tour visits restaurants on a rotating cycle per tour that may be located inside a historic building and/or district, area, neighborhood, etc. The tour is narrated and includes narrated local and regional history about historic areas, landmarks and people along the travel route to the restaurant. Florida history is narrated by a guide.
6. Restaurants visited are located in Downtown Delray Beach, Pineapple Grove Arts District, West Settlers, Downtown Boynton Beach and Downtown Lake Worth, LULA Arts District in Boynton Beach and Downtown Lantana, to name a few. The cuisine samples include French, Caribbean, Spanish, Soul Food, Mediterranean, Italian, American, Seafood and Brazilian. Click here for more information about the menus and restaurants visited on the tour.
7. Pertaining to any dietary restrictions, because the food is served at the discretion of the restaurant/eatery, The tour cannot dictate or determine food content based on dietary restrictions. The Taste History Culinary Tour cannot accommodate dietary restrictions. Cut and paste the following link into your browser for the Food & Drug Administration Facts about Food Allergies and Symptons. http://www.fda.gov/Food/ResourcesForYou/Consumers/ucm079311.htm
8. Some food tasting experiences are STANDING-only and there may not be sitting at every restaurant or cultural center. Although the food portions are hearty and most people are full by the end of the tour, the culinary tour is not a "sit-down luncheon" but we eat then keep moving to the next site for more food, more history and more culture. Taste History is more than just food because the tour also visits cultural sites and/or historic buildings.
9. Tour guests may meet the restaurant owners or chefs; or directors of the cultural centers or art galleries visited on the tour. Florida history is narrated by a guide.
Visit the Taste History Blog at http://tastehistoryculinarytours.blogspot.com/
You can Subscribe to the Blog too and Follow!
LIKE Taste History on Facebook. Here is http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Taste-History-Culinary-Tours/209321892467209?skip_nax_wizard=true
Sold-Out Tours & Waiting Lists:
If a tour is sold-out, unfortunately, we do not maintain a waiting list. If the tour is sold-out before the date of the actual tour, this information will be posted on this website.
We do not hold space for the tour without a payment. All ticketing is done on-line.
Please note that the tours held on the 2nd, 3rd and 4th Saturdays are general public tours therefore not all spaces are available to be sold to just one group. A limited number of seats are available for groups on the 2nd, 3rd and 4th Saturdays for groups of 10 people. Call the Museum for more information. Private group tours are available. 561-243-2662 or e-mail Tour@tastehistoryculinarytours.org
Click here for Group Tour information or call 561-243-2662 or 561-638-8277
Mailing address for Museum of Lifestyle & Fashion History
P.O. Box 6127
Delray Beach, FL 33482
Taste History Culinary Tours are sponsored in part by Macy's. Additional support provided by the Patricia Ann Ravo Fund, the Boris & Edith Rueger Fund. Sponsorship opportunities are still available.
Taste History is a culinary cultural daytrip that incorporates a rotation of cuisine tastings representing varied cultures that are African American, Southern American, Brazilian, Caribbean, Greco-Roman, Italian, English, French, French Canadian, Irish, Australian, New Zealand, Hungarian, Turkish and Ancient Mexican along with farm-to-table and organic tastings. Taste History combines history, culture and cuisine therefore this gastronomy tour infuses food tastings with the history of the local area along with rotational visits to cultural districts, historic buildings or art galleries.
Taste History is a three-hour to four-hour foodcentric narrated excursion of bus riding and four to six blocks of walking through historic districts for alternate visits to eateries, markets, and an urban farm for food history, food culture facts, foodways information and food tastings. At least three to four local and family-owned eateries are visited per Taste History tour along with trips to historic buildings, cultural centers or art galleries. The tours are held on the second, third and fourth Saturdays of each month, year-round at 11am with visits to historic Lake Worth & Lantana; and Delray Beach & Boynton Beach, Florida.
Each tour is different and never an exact duplication of previous tours hosted with a focus on local and family-owned eateries and eateries that may be off-the-beaten path.
The following is the link for the blogs about Taste History:
Here's the link for the news stories about Taste History:
Click the following link for the types of foods tasted on the tour:
Taste History is sponsored, in part, by Macy’s. Sponsorship opportunities are still available. Additional support for Taste History has been received from bequests from the late Patricia Ann Ravo and the late Boris & Edith Rueger.
$40 per person (new rate effective April 1st due to increases in bus rental fees and insurance); free for children under age 18. Children must be accompanied by a paid adult family member. Pre-payment required. Tickets can be purchased on-line at tastehistoryculinarytours.blogspot.com. Call 561-243-2662 or E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. Private group tours are also available at special rates.
Taste History cannot accommodate dietary restrictions. There are no dietary substitutions.
Some eating experiences are STANDING-only.
Taste History is a food tasting tour, with art and history combined, therefore it's not a sit-down luncheon but many of the food portions are hearty.
The food tours board at Macy's (Outside at the East Entrance) located at 801 N. Congress Avenue, Boynton Beach, FL
Pre-payment is required.
Effective April 1, 2013, $40 per person is the new rate. Due to the increase in fees that are charged to our organization for the tour bus rental and insurance; an increase in our tour fees is necessary. Pre-paid reservations that have been made prior to that date will not be effected. The Taste History Culinary Tours program is operated by a non-profit 501c3 organization.
The Taste History Culinary Tours cannot accommodate dietary restrictions.
Your message has been sent!
In order to purchase these tickets in installments, you'll need an Eventbrite account. Log in or sign up for a free account to continue.