Tampa/Brandon Dress Dash- Brides Against Breast Cancer - VOLUNTEER Positions
Friday, November 2, 2012 at 7:00 PM - Saturday, November 3, 2012 at 10:00 PM (EDT)
The Brides Against Breast Cancer Nationwide Tour of Gowns is returning to the Tampa, FL area on Saturday, November 3rd 2012 at the Embassy Suites - Tampa/Brandon. We are thrilled that you are interested in being a part of our volunteer team!
Embassy Suites – Tampa/Brandon
10220 Palm River Road
Tampa, FL 33619
Pink Power Hour: Saturday, November 3rd, 2012 from 10am - Noon
General Sale: Saturday, November 3rd, 2012 from Noon - 8pm
Choose yours shift(s) above and reserve your space. No tickets are required, but registration is necessary to reserve your time slot. Please arrive 15 minutes before for your shift! Upon arrival, please check-in at the volunteer table and grab a t-shirt.
You can also sign up for multiple days and shifts. Feel free to invite your friends, family and co-workers -- even your husbands and boyfriends (we need guys to help with the heavy stuff!).
Where You Can Help
1. Greeters - Greet Bride, give layout of the floor plan, dressing room rules, point out vendors and outreach tables. (men can help).
2. Registration - Have brides and guests sign in all required information. Introduce greeters and personal shoppers. (men can help).
3. Personal Shoppers - Assist brides in finding the dress of their dreams. Many brides will come alone. You will become their mother, sister, maid of honor, grandmother, and best friend. Once you find 3 dresses to match her style, you will carry dresses to the fitting room, and introduce her to the dressing room assistant. (men can help).
4. Dressing Room Assistant - Each assistant will have 3 dressing rooms to manage. You will be responsible for assisting bride in and out of dresses, removing dresses from room and placing them on go back rack, finding alternate dresses for brides. We want the bride to try on all possible dresses prior to exiting. Sales and retail experience a plus. (women only please)
5. Go back runner - Responsible for keeping fresh inventory on the racks at all times. Also assist the dressing room attendants with dresses. You will become very familiar with the inventory. Please ask assistants if they need replacement dresses for the brides. (men can help)
6. Fill - ins - Help with any miscellaneous needs that come up as the day progresses. (men can help)
7. Setup - Help with moving in racks, setting up interior displays, and any miscellaneous needs that come up. (men can help)
8. Breakdown - Help with moving out racks, taking down interior displays, and any miscellaneous needs that come up. (men can help)
What to Wear
Please wear dressy attire, such as khaki, black or brown pants or skirt. You can wear jeans as long as there are no rips or holes! Feel free to wear casual clothes for set up/tear down shifts. Each volunteer will be given a Brides Against Breast Cancer t-shirt to wear at the event. Don’t forget comfortable shoes!
Invite your friends, family and colleagues to join you! We need men too, especially for set up, tear down and to help return gowns to the racks during the sale, so invite your boyfriend, fiancé and brothers to help!
If you have any questions, please e-mail us at volunteering@Bridesabc.org. Thanks again for all your help and we look forward to seeing you at the sale!
Brides Against Breast Cancer
When & Where
Brides Against Breast Cancer
Brides Against Breast Cancer™ contributes to programs for cancer patients and their families. We have expanded outreach and educational efforts to bridal shows around the country to ensure that everyone impacted by cancer have the resources and information they need in their battle with cancer.