Building on the successful series of Talis Platform and Linked Data Open Days hosted in the UK, we are delighted to announce an opportunity to meet and learn from the Talis team, in San Francisco.
We are continuing the formula of a relaxed participative format, with ample opportunities to ask questions of, and network with, Talis folks and other attendees.
Talis Linked Data Open Days are an ideal introduction to Linked Data and the Semantic Web either as a broad topic or focused on a particular business sector.
Agenda - 9:30am for coffee then:
- 10:00 Introduction to Talis
- 10:30 Introduction to Linked Data
- 11:00 Coffee
- 11:15 Linked Data in Action
- 11:45 Example project: O'Reilly - Charles Greer
- 12:15 Lunch
- 1:15 Example project: Civil War Data 150 - Jon Voss
- 1:45 Linked Data: Under the hood
- 2:30 Coffee
- 2:45 Linked Data our Experience
- 3:15 How and Why do something with Linked Data
- 3:30 Questions and discussion
- 4:00 Close
Event hashtag: #talisldod
An "all you need to know about linked data but didn't know who to ask" event.
Adrian Crossley, UK Higher Education Statistics Agency (HESA)