Talented Tenth Greenville Leadership Conference
Thursday, May 16, 2013 at 5:30 PM - Saturday, May 18, 2013 at 5:00 PM (EDT)
Greenville’s Talented Tenth Conference
May 16th - 18th, 2013
Schedule at a Glance
Thursday: CEO Networking Event, Downtown Alive (Live Music), and Main Street "Dine Arounds"
Friday: Professional Development Workshops, Main Street Fridays (Live Music), and Top 40 Young Professional party/VIP tent
Saturday: Day Party (Networking/Conversation/Games) and Saint George Greek Festival
Greenville City Councilwoman Jil Littlejohn and the Urban League of the Upstate's "Upstate Network" will host the 2nd Annual Talented Tenth Conference on May 16th thru 18th, 2013. Greenville’s Talented Tenth Conference connects young and professional people of color with established business and civic leaders from across the Southeast.
The goals are to:
1) recruit and retain young talent to the Greenville region, and
2) facilitate the development of the next generation of leaders.
This unique networking and educational opportunity blends one on one access to top leaders, insight into the political and economic dynamics of Greenville, and professional development with upscale social events.
The conference activities provide an opportunity for young professionals to learn more about Greenville, and become more engaged in Greenville’s civic life and enjoy social activities around town like Piedmont Natural Gas Downtown Alive, Greenville Heritage Main Street Fridays, TD Saturday Farmer's Market, Saint George Greek Festival, and Malcolm X Festival!
The Talented Tenth Conference is the first event of its kind in Greenville and is designed to bring talented, young people of color from across the Greenville Region together and provide them with a unique opportunity to further their professional development.
The three-day event begins on, Thursday, May 16th, and will run through Saturday, May 18th (see preliminary event schedule below).
Early-Bird Registration for the Talented Tenth Conference ends May 1st and is $35.00 for Professionals and $25.00 for Students and includes Thursday’s reception, the Friday evening party, the Saturday Day Party, and access to local events. After May 1st the Registration will be $50.
Conference Preliminary Event Schedule
Downtown Greenville, SC
May 16-18, 2012
Thursday, May 16, 2013
***5:30 - 7:00
- CEO Networking Event
- Piedmont Natural Gas Downtown Alive
***7:00 - Until
- Main Street "Dine Around"
Friday, May 17, 2013
- Welcome (Meet and Greet)
***3:00 - 4:45
- Breakout Sessions
- Financial Independence / Entrepreneurship Track “Building your net worth with your business or someone else's."
- Political Engagement Track "Getting involved, Staying involved, and Making a difference.”
- Leadership Development Track “Many are called to lead but few answer: What can you do to ensure you are readyto answer that call?”
Pick 2 of the 3
Session 1: 3:00-3:45
Session 2: 4:00-4:45
- Keynote Speaker
- Top 40 Young Professional party/ VIP tent
- Greenville Heritage Main Street Fridays
Saturday, May 18, 2013
- Networking/Conversation Day Party