Looks like this event has already ended.
Check out upcoming events by this organizer, or organize your very own event.
San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
TAKE YOUR CAREER TO THE NEXT LEVEL
Learn how to jumpstart your job search in this 4-part career development training series:
- Perfect Your Networking Skills to Get the Best Results – Thursday, September 26, 2013
- Use LinkedIn Strategically to Get the Job You Want – Wednesday, October 16, 2013
- Ace the Interview – Wednesday, November 6, 2013
- Get Ready to Launch; Create a Job Search Marketing Plan – January, 2014
Perfect Your Networking Skills to Get the Best Results * - Thursday, September 26, 2013
Haas’ annual networking gala is fast approaching, and you’ll want to make sure you’re prepared to use it to your advantage. Join us in learning and practicing successful networking techniques. Haas alumna and networking expert Heather Hollick will help us embrace a new mindset for networking — redefining it in a way that makes connecting with people easy, natural, and deeply effective. We will learn how to simplify our approach to networking while building powerful personal and professional connections that can last a lifetime. Participants will acquire simple and useful tools and techniques that will empower them to seek, create, and maintain a great network.
Networking Inside and Out
Careers in the 21st century are changing. Success comes to those who are able to build a rich
web of professional relationships that compliment their deep education and a broad range of
experiences. Being smart and doing good work is not enough. You have to know people, and
they have to know you.
Unfortunately, in most people’s career pursuits, building and maintaining a powerful network is
often overlooked. Many people struggle to do it well, if at all. The good news is that
networking doesn’t have to be hard, and the key skills to be successful can be learned.
In this workshop we embrace a new mindset for networking — redefining it in a way that
makes connecting with people easy, natural, and deeply effective. We will learn how to simplify
our approach to networking while building powerful personal and professional connections that
can last a lifetime. Participants will acquire simple and useful tools and techniques that will
empower them to seek, create, and maintain a great network.
There is much more to networking than noisy “networking events” and the gratuitous
exchange of business cards. Networking can be easy, natural, and deeply effective.
- A new mindset for networking that builds meaningful and productive professional relationships.
- An understanding of how introverts and extraverts should networking differently, based on their style and preferences.
- The importance of networking in the 70/20/10 career model of experience / relationships / education.
- Tools and techniques that, when put into practice, quickly build and enhance networking relationships.
- Understand how social media tools — such as LinkedIn and Twitter — augment and amplify professional networking.
- Learn how to network more effectively at meetings and large events.
- Strategies for enhanced networking and collaboration
2) Use LinkedIn Strategically to Get the Job You Want * – Wednesday, October 16, 2013
How many times have you applied for a position and never received a response? In today’s job market, there are usually many applicants, and it’s quite likely that your resume hasn’t even been read. LinkedIn is a powerful job search tool that can be used strategically to significantly increase your chances of catching the hiring manager’s attention and landing an interview. Our guest speaker from LinkedIn will teach tricks of the trade that will put you ahead of the competition. Purchase individual tickets for this event only here: http://sfnetworkcareer2.eventbrite.com
3) Ace the Interview – Wednesday, November 6, 2013 *
It was probably difficult to land that job interview, and you don't want to screw it up! If you can’t interview effectively, your knowledge and work experience will go unnoticed. A less qualified candidate may get the job because of better interviewing skills. Haas alumna and career expert Mauri Schwartz will provide the most pertinent, insightful, and immediately helpful advice for conducting a successful interview and give you an opportunity to practice these techniques. Purchase individual tickets for this event only here: http://sfnetworkcareer3.eventbrite.com/
4) Get Ready to Launch; Create a Job Search Marketing Plan * – January, 2014
You wouldn’t launch a business without a marketing plan, and you should use the same deliberate approach in putting your job search into gear. Who/what is your target market? What is your message? What is the best way to convey your product’s (your) features and benefits to that market? Start the new year with a detailed plan of attack to achieve your career goal. Purchase individual tickets for this event only here: http://sfnetworkcareer4.eventbrite.com/
Individual event tickets are priced at $27 each for Haas alumni ($50 general public), purchase the series of 4 for only $90 ($150 general public)!
Click on the links for each of events #2, 3, and 4 to purchase individual tickets for those events.
* Please be on time as we will have an evening packed full of useful information.
When & Where
Haas Alumni Network - SF Chapter