San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
SUPPORT AND CELEBRATE LOWER MANHATTAN
Meet and mingle with Take the HELM judges, Carley Roney, Alexis Ohanian and Liz Berger, Lower Manhattan Restauranteur Danny Meyer and Lower Manhattan all-star companies.
Enjoy cocktails and small bites as we support the Lower Manhattan community coming back to business and the next generation of leaders looking to Take the HELM: Hire and Expand in Lower Manhattan.
PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS EVENT IS INVITATION ONLY
Take the H.E.L.M. Competition Details:
Take the H.E.L.M. is a competition to attract companies across industries to relocate to or expand in Lower Manhattan. This program is part of a significant City initiative to diversify the Lower Manhattan economy and bring the best and brightest entrepreneurs and employees to the neighborhood.
The Competition also seizes on the momentum generated by a host of creative companies, including XO Group, Condé Nast, and American Media, which have all opted to locate in this vibrant live-work neighborhood that has seen more than $30 billion in investment over the last decade. Please see the latest news coverage about the program at www.taketheHELMnyc.com.
Competition details are as follows:
- 4 businesses will receive cash prizes of $250,000 each to open, relocate to or expand in Lower Manhattan
- Up to 20 finalists prizes of $10,000
- Tech finalists will receive an opportunity to pitch to FirstMark Capital for investments from the New York City Entrepreneurial Fund
- All finalists will interview with a distinguished panel of judges including Ken Chenault, Lawrence Lenihan, Arthur Levitt, Alexis Ohanian, Carly Roney, and David Tisch. Please see full list here
- Creative, technology (start-ups and mature companies), and international businesses are encouraged to apply
Take the H.E.L.M. is currently open for submissions; deadline to apply is November 30, 2012. If you or companies you know are seeking new or additional office space, we encourage you to learn more about Take the H.E.L.M. and apply on the program website: www.taketheHELMnyc.com.
If you have any questions about Take the H.E.L.M., please email question@taketheHELMnyc.com.