TACKLE with TAC4
We tackle the issues, not each other™.
Tuesday, March 26, 2013 Event Details
- What are the primary problems with our current Immigration policy?
- Kate Miller, Program Director, ACLU of Kentucky
- Tomas Mauricio, Advocates for America Radio Network
- Monologue from each panelist
- In isolation from the other panelist, pursue the core needs, fears, and solutions of each panelist
- In isolation from the other panelist, hear needs, fears, and solutions of the other panelist and discuss how their solution covers those needs
- Panelists discuss the issue together
- Audience participation
Kate Miller is a graduate of the Western Kentucky University and has a M.S.S.W from the University of Louisville’s Kent School of Social Work. She worked as a labor union organizer before coming on as the Program Associate at the ACLU of Kentucky in 2008. She currently serves as Program Director.
Her work at the ACLU of Kentucky is focused on education and advocacy regarding voting rights, abolition of the death penalty, immigrant’s rights and youth programming among other issues. She serves on the board of the Hispanic/Latino Coalition, Fairness Campaign and the Kentucky Coalition to Abolish the Death Penalty.
Some of her work on immigration includes organizing the 2013 immigration advocacy day, New Kentuckians at the Capitol, in addition to other legislative work as well as coordinating public education, research and organizing initiatives.
Tomás Mauricio has had a wonderful and varied life. He has been a concert pianist, an educator, and a mentor. After 27 years as a professor and performer, Tomás decided it was time to explore the world of business. He is now a Real Estate Broker, a Life Coach, a political analyst, a radio talk show host, and an Advocate for America.
Tomás is first generation American. His father immigrated from Spain, and his mother from Cuba. From an early age Tomás parents instilled in him the ideals of courage, fortitude, and faith. Education was at the foundation of his parents’ beliefs. When he began first grade at the age of five, Tomás could communicate in several languages with Castilian Spanish being his primary language.
Tomás began his academic pursuits under the tutelage of the Jesuits. They awakened his mind and spirit to pursue knowledge by being rigorous and disciplined. Throughout his years of academic work and musical training, Tomás continued to pursue his desire to understand life; to live rather than to just exist.
Today, with his extensive background in Humanities, Philosophy, and Business, Tomás is working to help others find their true path in life. Tomás is currently writing a book on immigration…Building a Nation: Immigration Through Respect, Not Walls
Seven Ground Rules for Political Discourse™
Show respect, with no hint of blame
- Assume positive intent from all on the other side
- Understand and care about the other side's needs, fears, and proposed solutions
- Do not complain without offering solutions with realistic action steps that meet both sides' needs
- Clarify opinion from fact
- Seek the truth and workable solutions over political positioning
- Where there are moral philosophical differences, clarify without accusation and move on
Please make sure you understand our Disclaimers and Policies before you register for this event. There will be no exceptions. By registering, you understand and agree to the terms and conditions set forth below:
1) TAC4 Solutions, LLC owns all rights, title, and interest in and to the service marks TAC4 Solutions and TACKLE with TAC4 Audience members agree not to use any designation confusingly similar thereto and to not claim an ownership of such marks
2) TAC4 Solutions, LLC owns all rights, title, and interest in and to any one or more copyrights associated with any of TAC4 Solutions productions, including the Seven Ground Rules for Political Discourse™, the slogan we tackle the issues, not each other, all writing, videotape, or in any other media format whatsoever
3) All voluntary dialogues must be conducted in a civil, respectful, and informative manner according to the Seven Ground Rules for Political Discourse™
4) All voluntary dialogues are subject to the intervention of the moderator, in his or her discretion, to enforce such guidelines by and among the participant, other speakers and the audience including, but not limited to, the possibility of the moderator expelling the participant, other speakers or any persons in the audience who are disrespectful, rude, uncivil, disruptive, or who violate the Seven Ground Rules for Political Discourse™
5) TAC4 Solutions, LLC expressly reserves the right to reproduce, distribute to any party and use the productions in any manner it deems appropriate in accordance with the prudent journalistic guidelines, whether in video, print, or other media format, over the internet or otherwise; provided, however, in no event shall participant personally use and/or distribute to any third party any reproduction of the production, in any media or format, without the prior written consent of TAC4 Solutions, LLC
6) The participant consents to the perpetual use of his or her name and pictures in the reproduction, distribution, advertising and use of the productions
7) The participant shall not bring any type of lawsuit and/or assert claims against TAC4 Solutions, LLC, its members, managers, employees, agents or representatives, or any of its affiliates, absence the willful misconduct and/or malicious false actions of TAC4 Solutions, LLC; provided, however, in no event shall TAC4 Solutions, LLC be liable for any incidental, consequential, or special damages whatsoever.
8) No refunds of registration will be allowed except in the event of event cancellation.
$8.90 if pre-registered by noon, March 25; or $10 at the door (pending event capacity)
When & Where
TAC4 Solutions helps our clients find joy and purpose in doing work by instilling organizational health, improving processes, and managing complex projects.