The Role of the TA: Your Rights, Your Responsibilities
- Alumni Hall, PIttsburgh PA
Grading is time-consuming and often thankless work. It is also one of the few ways that students can determine how well they are grasping course principles and instructors can evaluate student progress. This workshop is designed to address the various purposes of grading and strategies instructors can employ in giving students feedback. We will additionally address that controversial subject, the curve.
Objectives: By the end of this workshop, students will be able to…
• Articulate the difference between summative and formative assessments
• Design grading criteria and effective rubrics
• Provide effective feedback to students
• Identify the situations in which grading on a curve might be appropriate
Join millions of people on Eventbrite.
In order to purchase these tickets in installments, you'll need an Eventbrite account. Log in or sign up for a free account to continue.