SVLG Women & Girls Summit
Tuesday, June 4, 2013 from 8:00 AM to 12:30 PM (PDT)
San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
The Silicon Valley Leadership Group presents:
10th Women & Girls Leadership Summit
Tuesday, June 4th, 2013
8:00 a.m. - 12:45 p.m
McKinley Institute of Technology: 400 Duane St Redwood City, CA 94062
The Women & Girls Summit helps empower young girls from our under-resourced schools by introducing them to private and public sector women role models and serves to energize the girls about the importance of education.
Please join us for a morning where elected officials, community leaders, and women executives help inspire young girls at McKinley Institute of Technology through panel discussions, hands-on activities, and classroom visits about the importance of college and career.
As a thank you to McKinley Institute of Technology for hosting this summit, we will be presenting a monetary gift to the school to develop and expand their STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, & Mathematics) program. A portion of your registration fees is used for this school gift.
~ Updates ~
We are excited to confirm Mayor Alicia Aguirre (Mayor, Redwood City) as our Session 1 Keynote Speaker and Catherine Capriles (Deputy Fire Chief, Palo Alto Fire Department) as our Session 2 Keynote Speaker!
8:00 a.m. - 8:30 a.m.: Breakfast and Women Networking
8:30 a.m. - 9:50 a.m. Session I
Keynote Speaker: Mayor Alicia Aguirre, Mayor of Redwood City
Moderators: Preeti Upadhyaya - Technology Reporter, Silicon Valley Business Journal & Elizabeth Duncan (7th grade student)
- Persis Drell - Stanford University Physics Professor and Former Director of the Stanford Linear Accelerator Center (SLAC)
- Kathy Harris - Executive Director of Biostatistics, Amgen
- Anne McCune - COO, Lucile Packard Children's Hospital at Stanford
~ Break ~
10:15 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. Session II
Keynote Speaker: Catherine Capriles, Deputy Fire Chief, Palo Alto Fire Department
Moderator: Shelly Masur - President, Redwood City School Board & Jessica Chavez (8th grade student)
- Grace Davis - Director of Corporate Affairs, U.S. Sponsor of Girls & Women Initiatives, Intel
- Raquel González - Silicon Valley Market President, Bank of America
- Emmanuelle Rivet - Partner, PwC
- Rosemary Turner - President of Northern California, UPS
"Dry Ice Rocket" Table Activity lead by Schmahl Science Workshops
12:00 p.m. - 12:45 p.m.: Lunch
12:45 p.m. - 1:30 p.m.: Optional Classroom Visits
* Classroom Visits: If you are interested in signing up for a pre-assigned classroom visit to speak to students (both girls and boys) about your college and career pathways, you can do so during the registration process. Please note that these classroom visits will take place after lunch, so you should plan on staying at the school until approximately 1:30 p.m.
Thank you to our classroom sponsors: Comcast , McKinsey, Neustar, & Tech CU!
Contact: Bonnie Mace - (408) 501-7864 (email@example.com)
No cancellations. Substitutions are encouraged. Please contact the Silicon Valley Leadership Group at (408) 501-7864 for more information.