Looks like this event has already ended.
Check out upcoming events by this organizer, or organize your very own event.
Join us for a networking breakfast and informative panel discussion to learn about Sustainable Travel & Tourism in Westchester and the greater Mid-Hudson Valley.
Valued at $1.7 billion in Westchester County alone, the travel & tourism industry is essential to the region’s economic vitality. Representatives from leading hotels, restaurants, farms and attractions will discuss efforts to foster sustainable tourism throughout the region and highlight best green business practices that can be applied to any type of organization.
8:00 – Networking breakfast
8:30 – Program
- Welcoming Remarks & Introduction
- Dr. Marsha Gordon, President and CEO, The Business Council of Westchester
- Laurence Gottlieb, Director of Economic Development, Westchester County
- Overview of Tourism Industry
- Natasha Caputo, Director, Westchester County Tourism & Film
- Sustainable Travel & Tourism Panel Discussion
- Sherri Darocha, Director of Tourism, Crown Maple Syrup
- Lucille Munz, Director, Hilltop Hanover Farm & Environmental Center
- Walter Recher, Director, Projects and Development, Hospitality Resource Group, Inc.
- David Starkey, Owner, Sweet Grass Grill & Tomatillo
- Imran Syed, Director of Finance, Crowne Plaza White Plains
- Audience Q&A
HOST – The Crowne Plaza White Plains is committed to sustainability, and is pleased to have received recognition from the Audobon Society with a 3-Leaf Certification, as well as being recognized as a leader in the Westchester Green Business Challenge. The hotel has made great efforts in energy conservation throughout the hotel, has enhanced its recycling efforts and supports the community by incorporating locally grown produce and other local food vendors in its menus.
Please consider carpooling to the event. Click HERE for more information or contact Carol Ryan: firstname.lastname@example.org; 845-364-2142
The Westchester Green Business Challenge, sponsored by ConEdison, is a joint initiative of Westchester County and The Business Council of Westchester. All Westchester businesses are invited to participate. Learn more
Con Edison is a subsidiary of Consolidated Edison, Inc. (NYSE:ED), the utility that provides electric, gas and steam service to more than 3 million customers in New York City and Westchester County. Learn more about ConEd commercial and industrial energy-efficiency programs.