Sustainable Building Advisor Program Info Session 10/16/12
Tuesday, October 16, 2012 at 6:00 PM (PDT)
San Francisco, CA
San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Join highly skilled professionals and become a Certified Sustainable Building Advisor (CSBA).
The Sustainable Building Advisor Program is a comprehensive green building certification course that teaches professionals how to apply the fundamental principles of sustainability. The program offers a hands-on approach to sustainability training that challenges participants to recognize and understand problems, identify opportunities and craft innovative solutions in the built environment.
Program participants learn to apply the best practices in building science, resource efficiency and gain a holistic approach for designing, construction and operating commercial and residential buildings.
Earn 100 AIA Learning Units, Build It Green and USGBC approved Continuing Education Credits. The Sustainable Building Advisor Program is a 400 Level, Mastery Education Provider Program with the USGBC.
Program Topics Include:
- Fundamentals of Sustainable Building, Design, Policies, Rating Systems and Integrative Process
- Importance of Place, Transportation, Land Use Planning and Site Analysis
- Energy Efficient Design, Building Envelope, Lighting Options and Renewable Technologies
- Green Materials Selection, Life Cycle Analysis, Materials Red List and Structural Building Materials
- Indoor Environmental Quality, Designing for Health & Wellbeing, Acoustics and Innovative Ventilation Strategies
- Water Preservation and Conservation, Indoor and Outdoor Strategies, and Living Systems
- Sustainable Job Site Operations, Deconstruction, Reuse and Source Separation of Debris
- Sustainable Building Operations, Maintenance and Commissioning
The next SBA Programs in San Francisco are offered in a 4-month or 9-month weekend formats for the working professional. The 9-month program is designed for busy professionals and meets only 2 days per month. The 4-month program covers the same curriculum in a shorter period of time, meeting every two weeks. Both programs are taught by a network of over 25 subject experts and include field trips to exemplary projects throughout the Bay Area. The SBA Program is delivered to you in an interactive format that encourages innovation and systems thinking.
Attend the next free information session for the Sustainable Building Advisor Program at the Pacific Energy Center in San Francisco and learn about the course from instructors and graduates.
For more information visit: www.BayAreaSBA.org
When & Where
Sustainable Building Advisor Program
The Sustainable Building Advisor Program is a comprehensive certification course designed to provide participants with the knowledge, tools and strategies to implement green building projects.