Survivor Mini Retreat: Celebrate, Honor and Empower!
Saturday, May 18, 2013 from 10:00 AM to 4:00 PM (EDT)
Survivor Mini Retreat
Empower Support Heal
Crisis Center of Tampa Bay
Saturday, May 18th 2013
10:00 AM – 4:00 PM
One Crisis Center Plaza
Tampa, FL 33613
This survivor workshop is an opportunity for survivors of sexual violence to come together in a supportive atmosphere, learn techniques that can be used for transformation and healing.
Join us, survivors supporting survivors, for an empowering day of healing, sharing experience and celebrating surviving! Honor your resiliency and embrace your journey.
- Vision Board- Empowerment, vision for the future and honoring strengths
- Empowerment Discussion Circle- Facilitated sharing, support
- Stillness Practice- Relaxation, guided meditation and somatocognitive body work
- Inspired Art Project- Creative expression
This workshop is not counseling and should not be considered therapy.
Participants in this retreat will be taught the techniques of Somatocognitive body work developed by Dr. Robert Macy from the International Disaster Resiliency Center. These techniques include elements of Thai Chi, Chi Gong, Tapping and Stillness Practices. There will be a guided meditation and Empowerment Discussion Circle for participants to share their positive coping techniques.
- Learn and practice techniques for dealing with triggers and flashbacks
- Learn stillness practices to calm the mind
- Learn new ways to calm the body
- Acquire techniques to help move trauma from the body
- Share positive coping techniques
- Learn and practice Somatocognitive techniques
Participants will be taught the techniques of this art form in the effort to learn how art can be healing and an expression of the self.
Benefits of this workshop include
- Learning self-soothing and positive coping techniques
- Learning new ways to calm
- Learning a new art form
- Utilizing a creative outlet
- Expressing oneself creatively
When & Where
Crisis Center of Tampa Bay
At the Crisis Center of Tampa Bay we offer help, hope and healing to all people experiencing life’s problems and challenges, big and small. We are located in Tampa, Florida, and provide services throughout the State and beyond.
We can help you deal with the devastating trauma of sexual assault or abuse, domestic violence, financial distress, substance abuse, medical emergency, suicidal thoughts, emotional or situational problems.
We are here 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
Dial 2-1-1 where you will receive free, confidential crisis counseling, along with referrals to a Crisis Center service or to over 4,600 other community resources.