Supplier Diversity Exchange - Tampa Bay Area
Friday, November 1, 2013 from 12:30 PM to 1:30 PM (EDT)
San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Supplier Diversity Exchange, is an exchange of ideas and mutual support for small businesses and procurement professionals tasked with meeting supplier diversity goals. It is a volunteer-run program and free to participate. Participants will pay for their own food. Serving others through mentoring and sharing is the goal of Supplier Diversity Exchange.
This may take the form of:
- coming together for sharing knowledge gained through experiences in building one’s business or running corporate strategic procurement departments or supplier diversity organizations,
- mentoring other business owners,
- seeking out lunch-hour speakers from pools of corporate professionals and successful entrepreneurs who are part of this group about how to navigate procurement processes, scale a company or partner with other small businesses to meet corporate needs,
- helping a college graduate find a career-opening or a mentor, or
- helping a college student find an internship in strategic sourcing or organizing informal job fairs at their educational institution.
The first of the Supplier Diversity Exchange in-person meetups debuts in Tampa, Florida in November 2013 as an experiment. Lessons learned will be used to expand the volunteer program to other cities.
When & Where
Supplier Diversity Exchange
Supplier Diversity Exchange, is an exchange of ideas and mutual support for small businesses and procurement professionals tasked with meeting supplier diversity goals. Participation is free, and participants will pay for their own meals. Serving others through mentoring and sharing is the goal of Supplier Diversity Exchange. Supplier Diversity Exchange is on LinkedIn as a group via http://tinyurl.com/supplierdiversityexchange, and on twitter.com/SDexchange