21-23 June 2012
A partnership with the Society for Literature, Science and the Arts Europe, the Supersonix conference will bring together 300 artists, scientists and practitioners in the field of sonic art and science.
It will lead academic and mainstream public audiences on a journey through sound via experiments, lectures, workshops and interactive technology, encouraging the broadest audiences to experience London’s cultural heartland in a new way, through the shared theme of sound.
It aims to:
- demystify contemporary scientific and artistic practice through public engagement and participation
- investigate new ways of thinking about sound
- examine the processes involved in hearing
- explore the history of listening
- showcase latest developments in scientific research and sound technology
- provide opportunities for sound artists to work with world-leading institutions and their collections
The full conference programme is now available at www.exhibitionroad.com/supersonix.
We have also released a limited number of public tickets for an exclusive gig at the Science Museum by three leading female sound artists. Click Sound @rt @ Science Museum to book.
When & Where
Exhibition Road Cultural Group
Exhibition Road is the cultural heartland of London and the ultimate destination for anyone with a thirst for discovery and creativity. Here the world's leading arts, science, cultural and academic organisations join together to deliver vibrant programmes that challenge and surprise. The Exhibition Road Cultural Group is a partnership of 19 organisations to: promote learning through programming and delivering joint projects; encourage the cross-fertilisation of audiences between institutions and disciplines, particularly arts and science; share staff expertise and transfer knowledge.