"Sunken, but not Silent: A Wreck Diver's Workshop with John Chatterton"
Saturday, October 19, 2013 from 1:00 PM to 9:00 PM
San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Sunken, but not Silent
Wreck Diving Workshop
The Dolphin Dive Center Wreck Diving Workshop is a custom, day long, non-certification program where participants will be engaged in discussions about ways divers can better identify their goals in wreck diving, and then achieve them. The Workshop has been created for us by well known wreck diver John Chatterton. John will provide his personal insights, derived from more than 25 years of experience as a scuba instructor, as well as his many expeditions to shipwrecks like the Andrea Doria, Lusitania, Britannic, and U-869. John will also be bringing some of his personal diving videos, to illustrate particular talking points.
The goal of the Workshop is to expose divers to different perspectives on wreck diving in an entertaining and informative forum, enabling them to become better divers. There are no prerequisites for this workshop, which is open to divers of all backgrounds, experience levels, and certifications from Open Water through Instructor.
Some of the topics for discussion will be Navigation, Equipment, Diving Physiology, Technical Diving, Dive Planning, Wreck Research, Shipwreck Penetration Techniques, and Decision Making. Participants are urged to bring their own questions, opinions, and relative issues. Discussions will be honest, civil, and informative.
Event Date: Saturday October 19th, 2013
- EARLY BIRD (Through 8/31/2013) -- $55/person (Includes a Wreck Diving Workshop, Shadow Divers Discussion/Book Signing, Dinner, & 5 Raffle Tickets - all with John Chatterton!) - Tickets can be purchased on EventBrite; Call (706) 548-3483 for more details
- REGULAR PRICE (9/1/2013-10/19/2013) -- $65
- Groups of 5+ -- $55/ticket
- The Classic Center (High Shoals Room 1) - 300 North Thomas Street - Athens, Georgia - 30601
- 1:00pm to 4:30pm - Wreck Diving Workshop (Focusing on the wrecks in Key Largo: USS Spiegel Grove, USCG Duane, etc)
- 6:00pm to 9:00pm - Dinner; Shadow Diver's Discussion & Book Signing
Post Event Trip Information: *NOTE 9/15/2013: Key Largo Dive Trip is FULL.*
- Come Dive the wrecks of Key Largo with John Chatterton!
- November 10 & 11th, 2013
- Two 2-tank boat dives (Planning to dive the Spiegel Grove & the USCG Duane)
- $595 (Includes 2 nights lodging at the Hampton Inn Manatee Bay Key Largo, buffet breakfast, Three 2-tank boat dives, weights, & tanks)
- Call (706) 548-3483 for more information!
- Prize announcements coming soon!
When & Where
Dolphin Dive Center
At Dolphin Dive Center, we're passionate about diving. Our instructors meet the highest standards for safety and experience in the industry, and they are committed to transforming you into a competent, comfortable scuba diver. We are a full service dive shop that sells, rents, and services the top brands of scuba gear. And we organize 25 national/international dive trips and 7 local dives per year. We take care of the details; all you have to do is pack! If you're ready to begin your next great adventure, contact Dolphin Dive Center today.