Sundays swims all year round. We meet most of the time at Aquatic Park at 10:00 a.m. Sometimes with previous notice we meet at Crissy Field.
- All levels of swimmers are welcome to these workouts. If you swim a mile in the pool you are ready to make the transitiojn to open water swimming and participate in these workouts. If you are a first time in the bay, we will help you to make that transition easy with the help of team of coaches that will give you the proper advise and techniques.
- We are a non competitive group and non -threatining most participants are training for upcoming competitions, but some are not. All are invited to join.
- Bring Mack's earplugs, or we will give you samples, a thermal swim cap, goggles, towels, a thermos with some hot drink, and bring a good attitude and ready to meet great people.
- Swims are piloted by experienced kayakers. We break in to groups, according to the individual's capability and interest.
- We warmup with some stretching for about 5 minutes and then a brief run on the beach.
- Sunday swims meet at Aquatic Park at 10:00 a.m. at the bleachers, and some Sundays, previously announced, we meet at Crissy Field at 10:00 a.m. jump in the water at 10:30 a.m. ( Sunday morning swims start second week of January and end second week of December )
- Thursday swims meet at 6:00 p.m. at Aquatic Park by the bleachers jump in the water at 6:30 a.m. ( Thursday swims from March to September )
Water World Swim
Water World Swim has been offering open water swimming events and training programs for over 16 years. Some of our programs include the “Swim with Pedro”
Weekly workouts and training sessions, regular Alcatraz crossings and instructional clinics, the New Waves program for young swimmers with an interest in open water swimming, and our numerous open water races and events.
Our swims have been chosen for their beauty, safety , and general “coolness” factor. Each swim is prepared, organized, and guided by a team of local coaches and swimmers with vast experience and in-depth knowledge of the local waters. All our swims are fully certified, permitted and supported by the U.S. Coast Guard.
We welcome swimmers from all over the world with all levels of ability. If you are training for an upcoming competition, want to accomplish a swim from Alcatraz, or just want to experience swimming in the beautiful waters of the San Francisco Bay, then we encourage you to join us. We offer something for everyone.
Invite you to check our 2013 swim program listing full of swimming events for everyone interested in taking the challenge and register in the swim of your choice.