Suicide Resiliency for Families Meeting 7-9-13
A family forum, focused on resiliency
I would like to invite you to attend the next monthly meeting of the Suicide Resiliency for Families group, a feature of the Florida Youth Suicide Prevention program at the Crisis Center of Tampa Bay. The purpose of these meetings is to provide a forum with a family perspective on youth suicide prevention and intervention. Discussions will be driven by the interests of the people attending.
These meetings include advocacy, networking, resiliency activities, and an opportunity for you to find support, share your ideas, comments, and/or concerns in regard to suicide prevention. You can listen, learn, share what works, ask questions and participate in a supportive network.
Join us each month for creative resiliency activities, networking and snacks.
Resiliency activity this month is making "Hope" boxes. This fun activity helps promote positive and hopeful plans for the future.
This group meets monthly, but monthly attendance is not required.
Meetings in 2013 will be held on the second Tuesday of the month from 6pm to 7pm.
Meetings are held at The Crisis Center of Tampa Bay, Inc. (14901 Crisis Center Plaza, Tampa, FL 33613).
Everyone is welcome to attend.
Meetings include fun, creative, resiliency building activities you can share with your family.
We hope to achieve the following through the efforts of the Family Advisory Council:
- Provide a forum for families to discuss their concerns
- Support families with resiliency building activities
- Develop a resource, referral and support network for families
- Develop family-oriented suicide prevention trainings
- Council members can become trainers in the community
- Provide brief outreach & recruitment presentations to groups
- Advocate for suicide prevention at health fairs and community events
- Provide feedback on presentations and information materials
- Involvement in State initiatives for prevention and awareness
- Develop collaborations with other suicide prevention organizations and groups
I look forward to seeing you at the meetings. Tom
Suicide Prevention Services
Crisis Center of Tampa Bay
This workshop available for presentation at your business, school, faith group or organization. Contact me to schedule a free on-site presentation. 813-969-4958.
When & Where
Crisis Center of Tampa Bay
At the Crisis Center of Tampa Bay we offer help, hope and healing to all people experiencing life’s problems and challenges, big and small. We are located in Tampa, Florida, and provide services throughout the State and beyond.
We can help you deal with the devastating trauma of sexual assault or abuse, domestic violence, financial distress, substance abuse, medical emergency, suicidal thoughts, emotional or situational problems.
We are here 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
Dial 2-1-1 where you will receive free, confidential crisis counseling, along with referrals to a Crisis Center service or to over 4,600 other community resources.