“Sugar Hill at Bergen” Navigating Your Music Industry Career
During the 14-week program, rap music pioneers Joseph and Leland
Robinson– sons of Sugar Hill Records founders and Englewood legends Joe and Sylvia Robinson – will prepare students to begin a career in the music industry.
The class will feature discussions on:
• The history of hip-hop;
• Business formation and legal essentials;
• Hiring a team;
• Marketing your ideas, talent and artists both on- and- offline;
• Distributing your music or artist;
• Selecting the “right” talent;
• Utilizing social media to spread the word.
For more information, please call Ronald E. Mcknight Business Development Manager Corporate and Public Sector Training (201) 612-5300
or Aretha McMillian, Coordinator, Education Outreach in Community & Cultural Affairs 201-689-7732