Addressing Suicidal Ideation and Behavior in Substance Abuse Treatment is a two-hour suicide prevention (QPR) gatekeeper training for substance abuse prevention and treatment staff, i.e. counselors, educators, support staff, administrators and supervisors, etc. This training offers a customized version of the evidence-based “Question, Persuade, Refer” suicide prevention training that takes approximately 2 hours. This training
- enhances each participants’ awareness of their values, attitude and beliefs regarding suicide,
- provides general suicide awareness information,
- illuminates the connection between substance abuse and suicide,
- presents the risk and protective factors and warning signs of suicide, and
- offers a non-confrontational but effective means for engaging actively suicidal persons.
When & Where
Tennessee Suicide Prevention Network
The Tennessee Suicide Prevention Network (TSPN) is the statewide public-private organization responsible for implementing the Tennessee Strategy for Suicide Prevention as defined by the 2001 National Strategy for Suicide Prevention.
Our grass-roots association which works across the state to eliminate the stigma of suicide and educate communities about the warning signs of suicide, with the ultimate intention of reducing suicide rates in the state of Tennessee.