San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
You're invited to a tasty dinner and conversation about the Student-Neighbor Liaison Program and liaison projects!
This program is an exciting opportunity to build community, increase communication, and improve neighborhood relationships between students and their non-student neighbors! By bringing people together and encouraging positive social interactions we lessen conflicts, improve the quality of life in the downtown neighborhoods, and create a sense of neighborhood pride and investment.
Past liaisons will talk about the projects they did on their streets using the OSCR’s Neighborhood Grants, including:
- Buell St. Neighborhood Garden
- No. Union St. Clean-Ups
- Meet Your Neighbor Day
- Isham St. Greenbelt and Blueberry Herbal Gardens
- Ronald McDonald House Dinners
On- and off- campus students are welcomed. We all have a stake in a healthy, safe, and beautiful Burlington community!
We are looking forward to seeing you!
Amanda, Gail, Jen, John, Julianna, Rachel, Roman, and Ross
P.S.: Registration closes on October 16, so register now.
When & Where
Office of Student & Community Relations
The Office of Student and Community Relations (OSCR) at the University of Vermont (UVM) is committed to creating a safe and socially just environment for off-campus students and neighbors. To do this we provide resources and education to our students so that they have successful experiences transitioning to and living off campus and we work with students, neighbors, and city partners on creative initiatives to improve the quality-of-life in our shared community.
You can contact us for the following:
- Resources for Your Off-Campus Housing Search
- Accessing Off-Campus Living Resources
- Getting Involved in Your Community
- Becoming an Student or Neighbor Liaison & Accessing Grant Money for Neighborhood Projects
- Addressing Landlord/Tenant Concerns
- Resolving Conflict with Roommates and Neighbors
- Responding to Off-Campus Bias
- Understanding City Ordinances
We strive for everyone to be able to participate in our events - please let us know how we can make our events more accessible to you!