Every year, the Utah Entrepreneur Series (UES) hosts a conference for entrepreneurs from universities all across Utah. The central idea is to acquaint students with the UES competition series and provide them with an opportunity to meet other entrepreneurs and local professionals. Here, students learn the fundamentals of starting a business in college from a line-up of high-caliber speakers and also have the opportunity to participate in an ideation tournament.
This year, the UES is proud to announce that the 2013 Student Entrepreneur Conference on Saturday, Sept. 28 (8:00am-2:00pm) will be sponsored by eBay, Inc. and hosted at their Draper campus (583 West 12900 South).
This year, the SEC will include the following:
1. In ideation competition ran by the University of Utah Entrepreneur Club
2. A series of tutorials explaining eBay’s new services for small businesses:
- Managing an online marketplace
- Getting the most out of Paypal
- How eBay can help social entrepreneurs
3. Speakers provided by the Utah Entrepreneur Series covering:
- Business formation
- Protecting intellectual property