San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Strum & Drum World Music
Strum & Drum is a World Music curriculum that features Songs, Ukuleles, and Drumming Ensembles.
The goal is to provide a fun and accessible way to enjoy community music making. Strum & Drum may be used for Educational, Recreational, Developmental, and Therapeutic outcomes and only a basic musical skill set is required. No formal musical education is required to lead Strum & Drum. You don’t need to know how to read music or play an instrument, although a little experience in playing and leading music will make it easier!
- Experience popular songs in 'island' styles.
- Play chord progressions on the ukulele.
- Accompany songs on drums and percussion.
- Embellish songs with the steel pan (Jumbie Jam).
- Celebrate with ensembles performances.
Strum and Drum is for:
- Music Educators.
- Music Therapists.
- Music Facilitators.