Street Shooting in Los Angeles & Around the World!
Friday, November 1, 2013 from 7:00 PM to 10:00 PM (PDT)
Los Angeles, CA
San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Exhibit your images at the Julia Dean Gallery!!!
"Street Shooting in Los Angeles & Around the World"
1. Street Shooting is a genre of its own with a rich history and a thriving contemporary scene. It falls under the rules of documentary photography, where life is captured without being set up or altered. No manipulation can be done to these photographs. Cropping, burning and dodging, exposure, contrast and color adjustments are acceptable.
2. All prints (no more than 5 prints) must be professionally printed to meet the standards of a gallery show.
3. Prints can vary in size, but no bigger than 20 x 24 or smaller than 8x10.
4. Photographers are welcome to sell their photos, with 20 percent commission going to The Julia Dean Photo Workshops.
What to include with submission:
1. Entries are $10 per print. Make check or money order to: The Julia Dean Photo Workshops.
2. Submit a list of titles and prices for each image.
3. Enclose a SASE or postcard if you want confirmation of delivery.
4. You can pick up your prints after the exhibit comes down or we will mail them back to you. If you want them mailed to you, you must send us a pre-paid UPS or Fed Ex shipping label, plus $10 for packaging and handling.
Prints must arrive on or before Tues., Oct. 1, 2013.
Exhibit Opening: Friday, Nov. 1, 2013 7-10 pm
Send prints to:
The Julia Dean Gallery
755 Seward St.
Los Angeles, CA 90038
When & Where
Los Angeles Center of Photography
The Julia Dean Photo Workshops (JDPW) is a practical education school of photography devoted to advancing the skills and increasing the personal enrichment of photographers of all experience levels and ages. We fulfill this mission by offering nearly 170 workshops per year, programming a variety of community events, supporting artists through group and one-person gallery exhibits, and by producing four annual contests. In addition, JDPW offers workshops with and provides access to some of the most well-known and respected photographers in the world, including: Greg Gorman, Duane Michals, Mary Ellen Mark, Sam Abell, Douglas Kirkland, David Alan Harvey, Keith Carter, Phil Borges, Bruce Davidson, John Paul Caponigro, Alex Webb and Joyce Tenneson, among others.
As the West Coast’s largest non-degree based school of photography, JDPW offers a broad range of coursework, with classes ranging from photojournalism and fine art photography to studio photography and portraiture. A Certificate Program is available for a comprehensive course of study, in addition to an intense, one-year “Full-Time” Program, where students may elect to take an unlimited amount of workshops for one year. For students looking to become more involved in the photographic community, JDPW provides monthly Membership which provide numerous perks and benefits, such as: discounts on tuition, free admittance to events and guest lectures, and use of darkrooms, galleries and studio.