LACP Spring Open House
- Performing & Visual Arts
- Los Angeles Center of Photography, Los Angeles CA
Exhibit your images at the Julia Dean Gallery!!!
"Street Shooting in Los Angeles & Around the World"
1. Street Shooting is a genre of its own with a rich history and a thriving contemporary scene. It falls under the rules of documentary photography, where life is captured without being set up or altered. No manipulation can be done to these photographs. Cropping, burning and dodging, exposure, contrast and color adjustments are acceptable.
2. All prints (no more than 5 prints) must be professionally printed to meet the standards of a gallery show.
3. Prints can vary in size, but no bigger than 20 x 24 or smaller than 8x10.
4. Photographers are welcome to sell their photos, with 20 percent commission going to The Julia Dean Photo Workshops.
What to include with submission:
1. Entries are $10 per print. Make check or money order to: The Julia Dean Photo Workshops.
2. Submit a list of titles and prices for each image.
3. Enclose a SASE or postcard if you want confirmation of delivery.
4. You can pick up your prints after the exhibit comes down or we will mail them back to you. If you want them mailed to you, you must send us a pre-paid UPS or Fed Ex shipping label, plus $10 for packaging and handling.
Prints must arrive on or before Tues., Oct. 1, 2013.
Exhibit Opening: Friday, Nov. 1, 2013 7-10 pm
Send prints to:
The Julia Dean Gallery
755 Seward St.
Los Angeles, CA 90038
After 14 years of business, The Julia Dean Photo Workshops (JDPW) is transforming into a nonprofit with a new name, the Los Angeles Center of Photography (LACP). This marks a great moment in the history of the organization. Transforming into a nonprofit will allow us to fully realize our vision — a true center of photography — and will enable us to create more opportunities that will benefit aspiring, emerging and professional photographers in Los Angeles and beyond.
The goal of the Los Angeles Center of Photography is to build on what JDPW has started, offering a center of photography unlike anything offered in Los Angeles before – a home for photographers to show work and further their careers, a place where new photographers can be discovered, a community in which to gather for discussion, education, artistic growth, inspiration, and the exchange of ideas.
Join millions of people on Eventbrite.