San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Exhibit your images at the Julia Dean Gallery!!!
"Street Shooting in Los Angeles & Around the World"
1. Street Shooting is a genre of its own with a rich history and a thriving contemporary scene. It falls under the rules of documentary photography, where life is captured without being set up or altered. No manipulation can be done to these photographs. Cropping, burning and dodging, exposure, contrast and color adjustments are acceptable.
2. All prints (no more than 5 prints) must be professionally printed to meet the standards of a gallery show.
3. Prints can vary in size, but no bigger than 20 x 24 or smaller than 8x10.
4. Photographers are welcome to sell their photos, with 20 percent commission going to The Julia Dean Photo Workshops.
What to include with submission:
1. Entries are $10 per print. Make check or money order to: The Julia Dean Photo Workshops.
2. Submit a list of titles and prices for each image.
3. Enclose a SASE or postcard if you want confirmation of delivery.
4. You can pick up your prints after the exhibit comes down or we will mail them back to you. If you want them mailed to you, you must send us a pre-paid UPS or Fed Ex shipping label, plus $10 for packaging and handling.
Prints must arrive on or before Tues., Oct. 1, 2013.
Exhibit Opening: Friday, Nov. 1, 2013 7-10 pm
Send prints to:
The Julia Dean Gallery
755 Seward St.
Los Angeles, CA 90038
When & Where
Los Angeles Center of Photography
The Los Angeles Center of Photography (LACP) is a non-profit 501c3 charitable organization dedicated to supporting photographers and the photographic arts. The organization provides high-caliber classes, local and travel workshops, exhibitions, screenings, lectures and community outreach efforts, including grants, need-based scholarships, and focused programming for youth and low-income families. LACP also provides photography instruction for the Boys and Girls Clubs and personalized mentorship for Spark Program students.
Devoted to advancing the skills and increasing the personal enrichment of photographers of all experience levels and ages, LACP offers nearly 150 classes and workshops each year with some of the most photographers in the world. Certificate programs are available in addition to a One-Year Professional Program. LACP supports its Members through one-person and group gallery exhibits in addition to producing four annual contests/exhibitions.